Giro Apeckx Shoes -
Giro turned the mid-level shoe market on its head with the Apeckx Shoe. New for 2012, the Apeckx takes design cues from Giro's high-end shoes, but packs them smartly into a more affordable package. The biggest difference is the sole; the Apeckx utilizes DuPont's Zytel nylon in the place of Easton's carbon fiber, but Zytel has been engineered to provide similar performance to carbon fiber, with a longer fatigue life. Ultimately, this means you get similar performance to carbon fiber for a longer period of time. An EVA footbed with medium arch support will fit the majority of riders, but Giro's SuperNatural Fit Kit is available separately if you need to dial in the fit a little further.
- Stiffest-in-class DuPont Zytel nylon outsole rivals the performance of premium composite outsoles
- DuPont Zytel nylon outsole also boasts greater fatigue resistance than traditional nylon soles
- A supportive EVA footbed with Aegis anti-microbial treatment enhances comfort and fit
- The Apeckx utilizes a supple microfiber upper for the best comfort and breathability
- Classic combination of a micro-ratcheting buckle and two straps
- Built on the same performance last as the top Giro shoes
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
Classic style, with performance features, the Giro Apeckx provides value that can't be beat.