Giro Pneumo Bicycle Helmet -
The Giro Pneumo has built a loyal following since its introduction and Giro has decided to bring it back. Giro is rewarding the Pneumo’s loyal fans by incorporating all of Giro’s new technology with the Giro Pneumo’s sleek and timeless look. Giro’s wind tunnel ventilation system is a combination of active vents with exhaust channels in the helmet that push cool fresh air onto the riders head and pushing out the warm air that is already inside the helmet. Keeping the head cooler and more comfortable is just the start. For safety, Giro uses an In-Mold carbon reinforced roll cage along with the In-Mold-EPS liner with polycarbonate shell. In the event of a crash, this technology allows the Giro Pneumo to maintain structural integrity and offer maximum protection.
Giro uses Roc Loc 5, their best fit system, to fine tune the fit of the helmet with micro adjuster as well as the ability to offer fore/aft tilt adjustment. The interior padding is plush and uses X-Static fabric to combat bacteria and odor.
- In-mold construction fuses the helmet’s outer shell with the impact-absorbing EPS liner. The two materials are fused together, and one is reinforced by the other. This ‘exoskeleton’ allows Giro to engineer helmets that are lighter, more durable and better ventilated.
- Roll Cage reinforcement -- a tough web of DuPont® Nylon® molded inside a helmet’s EPS foam liner. It provides an extra measure of strength and integrity that you’ll never even notice…unless you need it.
- Super Fit system which is based on “human scale factors” data and nearly 20 years of crafting helmets for the best riders in the world. The result is a line of helmets that fit 98% of the world’s population, yet look and fit like they were made just for you.
- Wind Tunnel™ ventilation system which combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool, fresh air over and around the riders head-while forcing heat and stale air out. This significant increase in air channeling makes a difference that riders will immediately feel and appreciate.
- Roll cage internal reinforcement, featherweight webbing with slimline buckle
The original Pneumo built a loyal following of Giro fans all over the world. So loyal, Giro knew it was time to bring it back. This season marks the return of the popular helmet, with a timelessly sleek, organic look. A new and improved fit system combines with feature-light slim-line webbing and an increased number of strategically placed vents to create one of the most breathable, stylish and easy-to-wear helmets on the pavement, singletracks or velodrome.