Giro Privateer - Ditch the city and hit the dusty trails for an earth-crushing ride! Power through the singletrack's twists and turns in the Privateer from Giro®.
Cleats not included.
High-quality, breathable microfiber uppers.
Strong ratcheting top buckle promotes a precise fit.
Ratchet buckle is replaceable.
Offset D-ring at mid-foot strap helps prevent pressure points.
Two adjustable hook-and-loop lower straps.
Molded EVA footbed offers medium arch support. Features Aegis® antimicrobial treatment for a healthier in-shoe environment.
DuPont™ Zytel® nylon outsole offers greater fatigue resistance than traditional nylon soles.
Aggressive dual-density lugs deliver optimal traction.
Mid-foot scrub guard.
Accommodates steel toe spikes.
SPD (two-hole design) compatible.
- A supportive EVA footbed enhances fit and comfort
- 2 rip-and-stick closure straps provide a solid, secure fit; offset D-ring closure at mid-foot relieves pressure points
- Injected nylon High traction lugged outsole Mid-foot scuff guard
- Dupont Zytel® nylon soles efficiently transfer power to the pedals and provide greater fatigue resistance than traditional nylon soles
- Supple microfiber uppers (with nylon mesh inserts) give a glovelike fit with excellent breathability
Support and Cushioning:
- Molded EVA footbeds with medium arch supports; EVA footbeds feature an antimicrobial treatment to help control odor
- High-quality, breathable synthetic fiber. Classic 3-strap closure
Traction and Grip:
- Aggressive, dual-density lugs give excellent traction. Strong and secure ratcheting buckle closure. Offset strap "D-ring" at mid-foot
- Lugged outsoles offer traction on trails even when you’re off the bike
- Adjustable via the classic combination of a micro-ratcheting buckle and two straps
- Giro Privateer mountain bike shoes are compatible with SPD pedals (pedals typically include cleats; cleats are also available for separate purchase)
- Strong and secure ratcheting buckle (replaceable) allows precise on-the-fly adjustability; make microadjustments to match the ride's intensity
- Aegis anti-microbial treatment keeps shoes smelling fresh
- Built with the same performance last as the top Giro Mountain Bike shoes
Slide the planks into Giro's light and rugged Privateer Shoe and spin your mountain cranks with the support needed for long-ride comfort and race-leading efficiency.
The Privateer combines a supple microfiber upper with a stiffest-in-class DuPont Zytel® nylon outsole that rivals the performance of premium composite outsoles. Great shoe for mountain biking, touring or spin class.
With a supportive fit, supple uppers and stiff, lugged soles, these Giro Privateer mountain bike shoes are built for jumping stumps and riding up those gravelly fire roads.