Giro Savant -
Giro Savant Helmet 2014.
Boasting authentic style and performance, the Savant is an excellent road helmet for riders who are price-conscious but don't want to sacrifice performance or safety. The Savant doesn't cost as much as Giro's high-end models, but it's built around the same basic technologies that make a Giro helmet unique.
Giro's In-Mold construction process fuses the helmet's outer shell with its impact-absorbing EPS liner during the molding process, making the liner literally a part of the helmet. This process reinforces areas around vents and ribs, creating a one-piece exoskeleton that allows the helmet to be lighter, more durable, and better ventilated than traditional designs. The proprietary Wind Tunnel™ ventilation system, combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool, fresh air over and around the riders head-while forcing heat and stale air out. The significant increase in air ventilation gives you an advantage on tough climbs and when the weather gets hot. Giro spent two years fine tuning the Roc Loc fit system to bring you Roc Loc 5, a groundbreaking fit system with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability, and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Twist the ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial for a tighter fit on rough terrain, and back it off a bit and relax across the flats or a warm climb. A three-position bracket allows for 15 millimeters of up/down movement for easy fine-tuning of vertical positions. Even with these impressive features, Roc Loc 5 is 40 percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4.
- With the light weight and durability of the In-mold construction, it won't weigh you down.
- Roll Cage reinforcement is a tough web of DuPont Nylon molded inside a helmet’s EPS foam liner
- In-mold construction process fuses the helmet’s outer shell with its impact-absorbing EPS liner during the molding process
- With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand
- Roc Loc 5 groundbreaking fit system provides an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings
- The Slim shape combines impressive ventilation thanks to 25 Wind Tunnel vents
- 25 Wind Tunnel vents keep you cool with a huge amount of air exchange
- Designed for enthusiast road, triathlon, touring, urban/commute cruiser/casual
Whether you're a weekend warrior, a power commuter, or just finding your legs with the local cycling club, the 'buy the cheapest helmet that fits well' method isn't exactly podium-worthy advice to ensure happy riding. Luckily for you, the aptly-named Giro Savant carries every drop of Giro's pro-level technical savvy, without drawing a pro-level price. Featuring a svelte, well-ventilated profile, and the superior fit provided by Giro's proven Roc Loc 5, you'll ride happier, no matter where your bicycle takes you.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the freeing rush you get when you take to the open road. Protect what counts with the reliable performance of the Savant bike helmet from Giro™.
Ideal for enthusiastic road riding, triathlon, touring, urban riding or commuting, and cruising or casual riding.
In-mold construction process permanently fuses a light, yet hardy polycarbonate outer shell with the EPS foam liner to create a more durable bicycle helmet.
delivers enhanced comfort, stability and easy, one-handed adjustability, yet is 40% lighter than comparable systems.
25 wind tunnel vents throughout for optimal breathability.
The Giro Savant has authentic style and performance, with unmatched value. The Savant is an amazing fit for riders who enjoy great routes as much as a swift pace.