Giro Sonnet Helmet -
Giro Sonnet Women's Helmet 2014.
A favorite of the Giro Women's Series collection, the Sonnet offers excellent fit and performance for riders of all styles. The slim shape and impressive ventilation paired with lightweight yet durable construction make up a rock-solid helmet you'll love having along for the ride.
The Sonnet incorporates a handful of premium features found in Giro's top shelf models. The In-Mold construction process fuses the helmet's outer shell with its impact-absorbing EPS liner during the molding process, making the liner literally a part of the helmet. This process reinforces areas around vents and ribs, creating a one-piece exoskeleton that allows the helmet to be lighter, more durable, and better ventilated than traditional designs. The proprietary Wind Tunnel™ ventilation system, combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool, fresh air over and around the riders head-while forcing heat and stale air out. The significant increase in air ventilation gives you an advantage on tough climbs and when the weather gets hot. Giro spent two years fine tuning the Roc Loc fit system to bring you Roc Loc 5, a groundbreaking fit system with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability, and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Twist the ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial for a tighter fit on rough terrain, and back it off a bit and relax across the flats or a warm climb. A three-position bracket allows for 15 millimeters of up/down movement for easy fine-tuning of vertical positions. Even with these impressive features, Roc Loc 5 is 40 percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4.
- In-Mold shell construction with an EPS liner provides dependable impact protection
- In-mold construction bonds the helmet’s outer shell to its EPS foam layer to provide a sturdier, more solid helmet
- Plush padding ensures comfort and fit while soaking up sweat
- Roc-Loc® 5 suspension fits like a dream, holding the helmet in place effortlessly; anchors directly into the liner for great durability
- Roc Loc 5 fit system offers user-friendly, one-handed fit adjustments with a ratcheting micro-adjustment dial; a 3-position bracket provides 15mm of vertical adjustment so you get the perfect angle
- Fit system also accommodates various hairstyles, including ponytails
- Size small fits head circumferences 20-21.75 in. (51-55 cm)
- Wind Tunnel ventilation system combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool air over the head and force hot air out
- 25 wind tunnel vents increase airflow so you stay cooler and more comfortable
- Wind Tunnel™ vents channel airflow through the Giro Sonnet helmet for maximum cooling in the heat of competition
- In-Mold™ technology bonds the helmet's tough outer microshell to the impact-absorbent expanded polystyrene liner, creating a light, cool and strong helmet
- Womens-specific, Recreational MTB, Touring, Urban/Commute, Cruiser/Casual, road
- US shipments only
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
A lightweight helmet that is as attractive as it is safe, the Giro Sonnet women's bike helmet offers an amazing fit for ladies who enjoy great routes as much as a swift pace.
Streamlined design and exceptional venting makes the Giro Sonnet™ helmet a perfect choice for women looking for something fit for long tours or short speedy rides.
Sierra Trading Post
Designed to provide excellent adjustability and ventilation, Giro's Sonnet cycling helmet features the Roc Loc 5 fit system and 25 Wind Tunnel vents.
The Sonnet™ is a favorite in the Women’s Series collection, offering acclaimed fit and performance for riders who enjoy great routes as much as a swift pace. The slim shape offers impressive ventilation thanks to 25 Wind Tunnel™ vents and the comfortable convenience of the adjustable Roc Loc® 5 fit system. And with the light weight and durability of In-Mold construction, it won’t weigh you down.