Giro Hex -
Giro Hex Helmet 2014.
A great choice for price-concious riders looking for a rugged all-mountain helmet with tons of premium features, the Giro Hex is loaded with features and looks sharp too. This brawny skull protector fuses muscular, progressive style with the versatility of a trail riding helmet. Not just a pretty shell, the Hex comes stocked with some of Giro's most prized features.
Giro's in-mold construction process fuses the helmet's outer shell with its impact-absorbing EPS liner during the molding process, making the liner literally a part of the helmet. This process reinforces areas around vents and ribs, creating a one-piece exoskeleton that allows the helmet to be lighter, more durable, and better ventilated than traditional designs. The proprietary Wind Tunnel™ ventilation system, combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool, fresh air over and around the riders head-while forcing heat and stale air out. More ventilation means long lasting comfort for those epic rides. Whether you're climbing a winding strip of singletrack or descending down a rock littered mountainside, the HEX's many vents let your head breathe. Giro spent two years fine tuning the Roc Loc fit system to bring you Roc Loc 5, a groundbreaking fit system with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability, and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Twist the ratcheting, micro-adjusting dial for a tighter fit on rough terrain, and back it off a bit to relax across the flats or up a warm climb. A three-position bracket allows for 15 millimeters of up/down movement for easy fine-tuning of vertical positions. Even with these impressive features, Roc Loc 5 is 40 percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4. Giro's P.O.V visor puts the finishing touch on this already awesome helmet. The visor is anchored by a patented internal clutch mechanism and is capable of 15 degrees of tool-free, on-the-fly vertical adjustment.
- In-mold construction process permanently fuses a light, yet hardy polycarbonate outer shell with the EPS foam liner to create a more durable bicycle helmet.
- Roc Loc 5 fit system offers one-handed adjustment of fit tension and vertical position with a ratcheting, micro-adjustable dial
- Roc Loc 5 fit system delivers enhanced comfort, stability and easy, one-handed adjustability, yet is 40% lighter than comparable systems.
- 21 wind tunnel vents throughout for optimal breathability.
- Wind Tunnel ventilation system combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool air over the head and force hot air out
- Sleek and Cool designed for comfort and protection
- Ideal for MTB endurance/marathon, MTB trail riding and all mountain riding.
- Point of View visor allows for 15 degrees of on-the-fly vertical adjustment
- of tool-free, on-the-go adjustment.
- US shipments only
- P.O.V. Visor allows for 15&#176
Jenson USA (2013)
The Hex is back! Still sporting 21 vents to keep you cool even on the most aggressive of trails, the Giro Hex is an awesome all-mountain helmet for an even better price! The Giro Hex features the P.O.V.™ adjustable visor w/ 15° vertical adjustment to keep the sun out of your eyes and Roc Loc 5 fit system to keep the fit comfortable on your head.
The Giro Hex fuses a muscular, progressive style with the versatility you need for aggressive trail riding. It?s a great choice for price-conscious riders looking for a rugged all-mountain helmet that offers loads of premium features.
Sierra Trading Post
Giro's Hex cycling helmet locks in an improved fit with the one-handed Roc Loc 5 system and delivers progressive style designed for aggressive trail riding.
Tackle the singletrack with confidence in the rugged protection fo the Giro Hex bike helmet.