Gitzo GT2542L Series 2 6x Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs 4 Section with G-Lock Max. Height 68" Supports 26.4 lbs. -
Recommended for lightweight camcorders, spotting scopes and DSLRs with 200mm lenses, up to a 300mm maximum. Excellent maximum load capacity and good torsion rigidity, available in 3- and 4-section models at standard and eye level heights.
Series 2 is the ideal solution for photographers that are looking for a solid tripod without sacrificing weight. All series 2 tripods (geared version excluded) now feature a new magnesium upper casting for a further weight reduction and a new third ultra low leg spread to take full advantage of the Ground Level Set. Series 2 tripods are also provided with the new Power Disc for a safer head lock.
- Grooved Rapid center column with locking collar for improved stability
- The Power Disc features two locking screws, one directly for the column and one for the head. This assures a rock solid connection of the whole system. This machined aluminum disc also includes the Safe Lock material, which cuts down on vibrations
- Completely redesigned aluminum upper discs and bolts features a safe lock material which reduces vibrations and improves head locking. The High-grade stainless steel bolt design prevents it from dropping inside the column when adjusted and makes controlling the tread length stress-free
- Redesigned built-in, self-locking, spring-loaded retractable hook on the bottom of the center column provides a place to hang a stabilizing counterweight such as camera, sand or water bags
- Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) system makes it quick and easy to open and close the tripod. Simply turn all of the locking rings at once and the whole leg can be pulled out in seconds
- 1mm Gitzo 6x Carbon Fiber Tube features exceptional performance of stability and vibration absorption and unbeatable quality
- Removable self-locking rubber leg tips are interchangeable with Gitzo universal accessories such as the big foot, long spike, etc
- Ground-Level Set allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground
- The G-Lock mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. G-Lock's special design also provides a "gravity lock" effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock
- Performance design allows the legs to be set individually at 24 deg., 55 deg. and 90 deg. to cover every angle you want to shoot