Glidecam XR-4000 Handheld Camera Stabilizer for Compact Cameras Up to 4 to 10 lb Three-Axis Gimbal -
The Glidecam XR-4000 Handheld Camera Stabilizer represents an affordable way to put your compact camcorder on a floating platform, enabling you to capture the types of professional handheld shots that add dynamic flair to any video production. Smooth camera movement that ranges freely in every dimension is not something you can achieve via dollies or shoulder-mount rigs. For truly unfettered, floating camera moves, you need a gimbal-based camera stabilizer.
The XR-4000 is a complete handheld system, with a dynamic camera platform that will allow you to mount & achieve proper balance for your mid-sized camcorder (4-10 lb), a telescoping central post that allows you to adjust the height of the unit and a balance platform that supports any combination of the included large and small counterbalance weights. At the center of everything, however, is the three-axis gimbal that lets the camera handle move freely while the rest of the stabilizer stays upright, thereby eliminating the shake that plagues most handheld camerawork.
The design of the Glidecam XR-4000 is tool-free, so you'll be able to set up and achieve balance easily & quickly every time. With practice you'll be steering your camera through three dimensions naturally and smoothly without a second thought, as if the camera platform were a cloud floating through calm skies.
- Designed for compact and full size cameras weighing from 4 to 10 pounds
- Made with precision Aluminum
- Base Platform has 1/4" mounting hole for optional LCD Monitor attachment
- Dynamic Camera Balance Platform (Camera Mounting Platform)
- Adjustable convergence, precision, three-axis Gimbal
- Adjustable, inertial-control Base Platform
- Rubber feet under Base Platform
- Allows unrestricted Booming and 360 degree Panning
- Each large Counter Weight Disc averages 2.75 ounces
- Precision Bearings at all vital points
- Laser etched Labeling
- 20" tall in shortest mode
- Anodized Studio Black
- No-tools Telescoping Center Post
- Camera Mounting Plate has 1/4" & 3/8" mounting holes