Globe Pequot Beyond First Aid -
Beyond First Aid will be your go to medical book in the wilderness. With help just a quick 911 phone call away, it's hard to imagine the consequences of experiencing an emergency in remte lands. Wilderness Medicine: Beyond First Aid is a comprehensive text for the recognition, treatment, and prevention of wilderness emergencies.
- Binding - Paper
- Covers all aspects of remote emergency care
- Written by a reknown expert
- Simple, concise and easy to use
- Includes directions for a Wilderness Emergency Medical Kit
- About The Author - William W. Forgey, MD Veteran outdoor author William Forgey, M.D. is engaged in the full-time practice of family medicine and is a member of the board of trustees of the International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers, a fellow of the Explorers Club, and a past president of the Wilderness Medical Society. A former Boy Scout scoutmaster and Medical Explorer Post and High Adventure Post advisor, he currently serves on the National Health and Safety Committee and as an advisory board member for the Northern Tier High Adventure Base for the Boy Scouts of America. He is the author of many wilderness medicine and camping books.
- Publisher - Falcon Guides
- ISBN - 9780762780709
- Pages - 288
- Step by step instructions for evaluating and treating remote injuries
- Year - 2012