Globe Pequot Driving the Pacific Coast California -
The best way to see California’s spectacular coastline is to drive it with this book as your guide. Packed with information about twenty-six charming seaside communities, Driving the Pacific Coast California is your ticket to the many treasures along the 1,100-mile stretch of Highway 1. Whether you’re looking for a short, one-day jaunt or an extended tour of the entire coastline, this indispensable companion will show you the best places in the area to eat, stay, shop, and play.
- Farm-fresh produce, antiques shops and boutiques, and the charms of California’s oldest seaside resort town in Capicola
- The Quail Botanical Gardens in Encinitas, the flower capital of the world
- The “Big Dipper” roller coaster, a National Historic Landmark that you can ride, on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
- The statuesque redwoods along the Avenue of the Giants through Garberville
- Elegantly restored Victorian inns overlooking the natural beauty of Monterey Bay in Monterey and Pacific Grove