Globe Pequot Hiking Grand Staircase Escalante & Glen Canyon Region: a Guide To 59 of the Best Hiking Adventures In Southern Utah -
Lace up your boots and sample fifty-nine of the finest trails in southern Utah’s Grand Staircase–Escalante National Monument and the stunning 1.2-million-acre Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. With thorough descriptions and detailed maps, this book leads you to both well-known and little-used trails, and it includes several backpack trips and a wide variety of day hikes. Whether traveling down remote desert roads or up serene canyons, you will be rewarded with vivid memories and a yearning to return. For more than thirty years, FalconGuides® have set the standard for outdoor guidebooks. Written by top experts, each guide invites you to experience the adventure and beauty of the outdoors.
- Directions to the trailheads
- Difficulty ratings, average hiking times, best hiking seasons, and canine compatibility for every featured hike
- Comprehensive trail descriptions with mile-by-mile directional cues
- Hikes suited to every ability
- Trail Finder for best hikes for novices and families, moderate day hikes, strenuous day hikes, and backpacking trips for all levels
- Information on fees and permits, contacts, campgrounds, and more