Globe Pequot Hiking Joshua Tree National Park: 38 Day and Overnight Hikes -
Hiking Joshua Tree National Park provides detailed information on thirty-eight of the best day hikes and extended backpacking trips in this desert wonderland 140 miles east of Los Angeles. The diverse landscape—shaped by strong winds, unpredictable precipitation, and climatic extremes—offers numerous opportunities for year-round exploration. With rich narratives and beautiful photographs, this guidebook provides all you need for hiking the extensive network of trails among granite rock formations, piñon and juniper forests, sandy washes, and the symbols of the park, the Joshua trees.
- Mile-by-mile directional cues
- Hikes suited to every ability
- Difficulty ratings, average hiking times, and best hiking seasons
- Accurate directions to the trailhead and detailed trail descriptions
- GPS-compatible trail maps