Globe Pequot Hiking The White Mountains - A Guide to New Hampshire's Best Hiking Adventures -
The Falcon Guide - Hiking The White Mountains covers the best day hikes and weekend backpacking trips in New Hampshire's breathtaking White Mountains. It takes readers to the most scenic hikes in the state, some well-known and others off the beaten path. Listing 29 trails in the Whites this book covers some of the finest hiking in the Northeast. From the most scenic locations and rugged mountains this guide covers the best the Whites have to offer. Take in incredible views from the Fire Tower on Mt cardigan; climb along Franconia Ridge with its endless views; trek up Arethusa falls, the highest waterfall in New Hampshire; or tackle Mt Adams, Mt Washington, and the other high, majestic peaks in the Presidential Range.
- Many B&W photots
- Information on fees and permits, contacts, events and attractions, restaurants and accommodations, canine compatibility, and more
- Up-to-date trail descriptions with mile-by-mile directional cues
- Accurate directions to popular as well as less-traveled trails
- Completre hike index
- Zero-impact and wilderness safety tips and techniques
- Lisa Densmore, who has been hiking the Green Mountains for more than thirty years, is the Emmy-winning host of Wildlife Journal (PBS) and a writer and nature photographer whose work has appeared in Backpacker, Her Sports, Vermont Life, and Vermont Magazine. She lives in New Hampshire.
- Detailed trail maps and GPS coordinates
- Trail Finder for best hikes with dogs, children, great views, or wildlife viewing
- Hikes suited to every ability
- Difficulty ratings, average hiking times, and best hiking seasons for each hike.