Globe Pequot The Complete Sportsman's Encyclopedia - Hunting - Fishing - Camping -
The Complete Sportsman's Encyclopedia - Hunting - Fishing - Camping' by Francis H. Buzzacot has been called the "outdoorsman's bible" As essential now as it was when first published in 1913, The Complete Sportsman's Encyclopedia is the definitive volume for the modern-day hunter, angler, and camper. Francis H. Buzzacott wrote what he hoped would be a portable and "practical volume containing much information one in the woods would like, or ought to know," and his vision was accomplished.Buzzacott provides a full education in every aspect of the sporting life, from fly casting and bait fishing to big game hunting. With sections that include "The Complete Camper's Manual," "The Complete Fisherman and Angler's Manual," "The Complete Hunter's and Sportsmen's Manual and Trapper's Guide," and "The Complete Big Game Hunter's Manual or the Rifle-Man's Guide," this handbook covers an abundance of information in a refreshingly concise, matter-of-fact style. As visually entertaining as it is useful, with classically rural photographs and illustrations, this book is as much a cherished fireside reader as it is a valued companion in the field. The Complete Sportsman's Encyclopedia is a clever compendium of good old-fashioned know-how that will bring satisfaction to sports enthusiasts for decades to come.
- About The Author - Francis H. Buzzacott was a hunter, trapper, and guide for over forty years. He made expeditions to both the Arctic and Antarctic, and was a member of the National Rifle Association of America, the League of American Sportsmen, and the American Geographical Society.
- Troubleshooting tips for anglers
- Photographs and illustrations throughout
- Hunting deer, bear, and moose
- Outfitting properly and thoroughly for fishing, hunting, or camping trips
- Identifying reliable weather signs and learning how to read them
- Pages - 517
- Trapping and tanning
- Loading and cleaning rifles and pistols
- Utilizing ducks, decoys, blinds, and dogs
- Publisher - The Lyons Press
- ISBN - 9781599213309
- Year - 2008 - originally published in 1913
- Binding - Soft