Globe Pequot The Scout's Backpacking Cookbook -
Cooking on the trail is a unique challenge requiring unique solutions. For newcomers to the trail, The Scout's Backpacking Cookbook addresses the skills necessary to meet the challenge by showing how to successfully plan and prepare a backpacking menu while keeping the weight of your food and cooking gear within reason. Each recipe has been personally tested and approved by the authors and is accompanied by at-a-glance information about cooking method, preparation time, challenge level, and servings. Over one hundred outstanding recipes spanning a wide range of preparation techniques and meal categories for experts and novices alike provide plenty of easy options for your next adventure. The backcountry beckons and the high mountains call. Whether you're hungry for Fear-Factor Beef Jerky, Coyote Butte Coleslaw, Vent-the-Tent Burritos, or another trail treat, you'll find the perfect backpacking recipes collected in this book. As you follow the lure of the trail, may this book enhance the fun and fellowship that you and your troop or crew find in the wild places of the world.
- Personal favorite - Vent the Tent Burritos - watch out!
- Binding - Paper
- Helpful planning guide
- At a Glance info for easy preparation
- Great for Scout's Scout Leaders and everyday backpackers
- Year - 2012
- Each recipe has been prepared and eaten previously by humans and recommended
- About the Authors - Having sold more than 100,000 copies of their outdoor cooking books, Tim and Christine Conners are experienced campers, backpackers, and outdoor chefs and the authors of The Scout's Outdoor Cookbook, Lipsmackin' Backpackin', and Lipsmackin' Vegetarian Backpackin'. The Conners have twice served as judges for Scouting magazine's prestigious national camp food cooking contest.
- Learn to plan and organize menus for trips
- Over one hundred recipes
- ISBN - 97810762779109.
- Publisher - Falcon Guides
- Pages - 192