Gregory Targhee 18 Pack -
The Gregory Targhee 18L is the smallest of the Targhee line of packs. However, when it comes to backcountry load-carrying capability and efficiency it can still hold its own. Weighing in at under 2lb and able to comfortably carry over 20lb, this puppy is always ready to go to work. It can hold your skis across diagonally across the back and keeps the tails out of your stride for unhindered movement. It also contains a stowable helmet carrying system and a low-profile, insulated hydration sleeve. The Vertflex Suspension system will evenly distribute the weight to ensure all-day comfort. With all of these stowable features, it's almost like a Swiss-Army pack, all it needs is a tweezers and a weird little toothpick.
FEATURES of the Gregory Targhee 18L Bag.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Gregory Targhee 18L Bag.
- Materials include 420D 6 6 nylon, 160D polyester ripstop, 630D HD nylon and 210D nylon
- Dedicated avalanche safety gear organization pocket fits shovel, probe and accessories and is positioned to cut down on critical access time
- Dedicated avalanche tool organization with dividers fits a shovel, probe and other vital accessories
- Stowable Snowboard or Snowshoe carry system with hypalon reinforced webbing and compression straps to customize fit
- Molded backpanel with classic Gregory lumbar pad for optimal load transfer to the hips
- Padded front panel to protect against sharp edges of skis, shovel and other gear
- Vertflex Suspension's framesheet and perimeter wire wishbone frame helps to vertically stabilize pack while maintaining balance, securing load, and allowing for torsional flexibility
- A-Frame ski carry with hypalon reinforcement, will carry up to 130mm tail skis and is offset to keep ski tails away from your calves and tips away from your head
- Low profile, insulated hydration sleeve with easy entry port on shoulder harness
- Hydration system includes sleeve in back panel and insulated feed through shoulder harness that prevents water from freezing in tube
Weather and Wind:
- Slide-lock on side compression and diagonal ski carry offers a secure hold that won’t jam with ice or snow
- Snow plow buckles for winter use without risk of freeze-up/clog Top accessory pocket large enough to stow goggles
- Snow shedding design of the backpanel makes it easy to clear snow
- Streamlined webbing waist-belt reduces weight
- Anodized aluminum hardware
- Dual ice axe carry with modern tool attachment
- Slim profile harness for ease of movement
- Main compartment accessed by barn door rear panel entry
- Safety whistle on chest harness buckle for quick access
- Stowable helmet carry system with sculpted cutout provides a secure attachment
- Rear entry to main compartment for full access to contents with bottom retention fence to help manage items with pack open
If rather than tour the whole day away you're simply skinning at dawn for two laps or slipping into the sidecountry from the resort, the Gregory Targhee 18 Backpack has your back―without burdening it. The Targhee 18 has a slim and low profile that isn't cumbersome on lifts, and it has just enough space for the essentials, like avy gear, a layer, a snack, and water.
Slim and low profile, the Targhee 18 is ideal for side-country resort access and shorter, one to two lap tours. When all you need is avy gear, water, an extra layer and a snack, the 18 is the ski pack for you.