Grivel G-10 New-Classic Crampons -
Are you climbing a glaciated peak this summer? The Grivel G-10 New-Classic crampons are ideal for general mountaineering and will fit most styles of boots, from leather to synthetic to plastic.
- Classic binding system features a single strap closure that's simple to use; toe and heel pieces wrap around your boots for a solid and secure fit
- Chromoly steel construction is strong and durable; semirigid design is suitable for use with leather, synthetic or plastic mountaineering boots
- Classic a traditional system of nylon straps which may be used on flexible shoes, or those with the soles molded directly to the upper. The new front harness system is hinged to the front posts and may be ''opened'' to facilitate attachment to the boot and then ''closed''. The rear lacing system, is the only system that will adapt to virtually any shoe or boot.
- The entire G10 crampon is manufactured from Chromoly steel using new technology which is exclusive to Grivel at this time. Called 'Ɖ Dimensional Relief Stamping (3DRS)'', this process increases the strength and rigidity, not only of the crampon's frame, but of each individual point as well.
- In addition, the entire adjustment mechanism may be replaced with a simple nut and bolt; while this reduces weight, future length adjustments will require tools. G10 is perfect for ski touring, trekking, or for women and children (whose short, boot sole lengths don't require many points underneath them).
- Four ''anti-shear'' points, perpendicular to the line of the boot, improve security during descents. The crampons are fully adjustable by hand, without tools and one size fits all. G10 is easily collapsed for transportation. By placing a bolt (included) through the front of the arch piece, it will remain centered, reducing the overall length of the collapsed crampon.
Weather and Wind:
- Grivel G-10 New-Classic crampons have removable Antibott shields to prevent unsafe snow buildup beneath the crampons; Antibotts stay flexible in cold temperatures
- 10-point crampons are ideal for glacier travel or ski touring
A lightweight, universal crampon designed to meet classical demands. G10 is compact (with only ten points), user friendly (short, non-aggressive points), simple to size (rapid, tool-free adjustment system), and will fit any size and type of shoe. Classic is used on flexible shoes, or those with the soles molded directly to the upper.