Hanwag Alaska GTX Boot -
FEATURES of the Hanwag Men's Alaska GTX Boot.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Hanwag Men's Alaska GTX Boot.
Lining and Layers:
- Leather lining provides rapid moisture absorption and natural comfort
- Crampon-compatible sole construction, suitable for strap-on crampons (without front bracket, also known as flexible/walking crampons) ideal for all general mountaineering activities
- Lightweight and stable construction with Vibram AW Integral sole unit, the unique incorporation of the shank into the midsole provides support
- One-piece construction with reduced seams
Weather and Wind:
- Reduced seams mean less rubbing and pressure points..
- Durably waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex lining
- Waxed nubuk, Gore-Tex Laminat(e)
- Medium high-cut upper with reduced seams
- Comfortable trekking last
- Stabilizing anti-supination/overpronation elements for motion control
- Flexible sole ensures smooth roll-off and prevents early fatigue
- Counterposed braking tread blocks in middle section
- Semi-rigid sole
- PU shock absorber
- Additional shock absorption under the heel, particularly benefiting shoes with stiffer soles
The Hanwag Alaska GTX is a light weight and high-quality trekking boot with a modern look and Gore-Tex lining. It is ultra comfortable footwear designed for multiday treks carrying a heavy load, day trips in the mountains, trekking in the Himalayas, or hiking from hut to hut in the Alps.