Marmot Thor 3-Person Tent -
The Thor 3P - 3 Person Tent by Marmot. With plenty of space for a third (or for extra gear) and with an indestructible design, the Thor three-person has become a go-to tent for expeditions and lengthy stays in the alpine realm.
FEATURES of the Marmot Thor 3P - 3 Person Tent.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Marmot Thor 3P - 3 Person Tent.
Weather and Wind:
- Bathtub floor - all floor seams are off the ground for superior water protection
- Seam Taped Catenary Cut Floor
- All seams are factory taped for extreme weather protection
- Noiseless jingle FREE zipper pulls are quiet on windy nights
- Snag FREE zipper flap on the vestibules for easy access
- Silicone treated zippers for smooth reliable operation
- Mesh interior pocket for organization and gear storage
- Clear welded Window - lets in light - no stitch holes to leak
- Ultralight Bare Bones setup with just fly, poles and optional fitted footprint
- Seam Taped Full Coverage Fly with Vents
- Adjustable vents help keep the tent and occupants comfortable in all conditions
- Sleeve and clip assembly - continuous pole sleeves are easy to use & Marmot/DAC Double Clips are fast and very easy to use
- DAC NSL Dual Diameter poles are shockcorded, ultra light and durable
- 2 doors for easy exit or entry
- Fire retardant
- Internal Guy System
- Post and grommet assembly with locking pole tips for convenience
- Poled Vestibule
- Flashlight loop
- Sleeps 3
- Reflective guy points help to see the tent at night or in low light
- Two D Shaped Doors
- DAC NSL Dual Diameter poles use varying pole diameters and wall thicknesses to save weight, provide more strength and more interior space
- DAC NSL Dual Diameter Poles are manufactured with a less polluting method than other poles
- All season tent - can be used in all weather conditions
- Front Hooped vestibule for gear storage - 10 sq. ft.
- FREEstanding design is easy and fast to set up
- RipStop Sil/Nylon fly is light weight, tough durable - impregnated with silicone and then coated with a PU coating for the ultimate in water repelling capabilities
- Marmot Knees Pole System - create nearly vertical sidewalls for more usable space in the tent
- Tent, pole and stake bags included & a field repair kit is included too
- Welded Velcro Attachments
- Side release buckles attach fly to body for fast easy set up
The Marmot Thor 3P is a 3 person 4 season tent. Perhaps the Thor has the distinction of having the strongest frame on the market. It combines the frame from an 'X' frame tent with the frame from a tunnel dome creating a truly 'Bombproof' tent. The poles are top notch, DAC NSL Dual Diameter poles that save weight, provide superior strength and are above all reliable. And because Marmot has incorporated it's Knees System into these poles you get a fantastic amount of room inside the tent by virtue of the nearly vertical walls these poles provide. The Thor has 2 doors, 1 large hooped vestibule, a superlight Sil/Nylon fly, ventilation options, an included internal guy system, field repair kit and more. If you had to pick just one tent for winter or bad weather I think this would finish at the very top of your list.
The Marmot Thor 3-Person Tent provides total protection from nature's worst in a rock-solid, barebones package. The rugged 40-denier nylon ripstop canopy and 70-denier, waterproof nylon floor is supported by six DAC Featherweight NSL™ poles for extreme weather resistance. Attach the 40-denier polyurethane-coated nylon ripstop fly to the tent when bad weather comes your way for a worry-free night's sleep. Color-coded easy-pitch clips and poles streamline tent setup, even in low-light conditions. Leak-free, welded window. Poled vestibule. Imported.