Montane Spektr Smock -
Lightweight, waterproof, and breathable. It's a tall order, but the Spektr Smock by Montane® delivers. Using eVent® 3-layer fabric, the Spektr Smock protects you from the elements, without weighing you down. Heavy zippers are replaced by an anorak design and a "tornado" roll closure system to prevent snag damage from zippers. Pack it small and take it everywhere!
Lining and Layers:
- Highly breathable and waterproof event Super Lightweight 3 Layer
- This jacket has a very athletic fit and runs small - consider ordering at least 1 size larger than your usual size - please call us if you need help with the sizing!
- Articulated arms and Lycra cuffs and hems hold the Spektr in place when you're climbing or when the wind picks up
- eVent® 3-layer fabric allows the Spektr to handle demanding weather conditions and offer market leading levels of breathability
- Articulated arms for reach high movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift
- Elasticized drawcords at the hem and hood mean easy, single-hand fit adjustments, even with gloves on
- As with all Montane clothing eVent fabric contains a Durable water Repellancy (DWR) as the first barrier to keeping you dry. Clean your garment in order to maintain this.
- Internal pre-adjusted waist cinch and bound hem
- eVent fabric is lightweight, has ample abrasion-resistant durability, and produces a waterproof barrier that breathes as well as a cotton T-shirt
- DO NOT use fabric softeners or bleach. Never dry clean.
Wash and Care:
- Machine wash in warm water at 40C/104F with liquid detergent. Drip dry.
- Micro-taped seams throughout to increase breathable surface area
- Innovating in the pursuit of weight reduction, the "Tornado" roll closure system replaces the front water-resistant zip whilst offering improved levels of weather protection. Also included: laminated pre-adjusted hood and waist synch, no-peak hood (designed to be worn with a waterproof cap) and cap storage within the hood
- Integral hood with pre-elasticated volume adjuster and Lycra bound face aperture
Weather and Wind:
- Micro-taped seams save weight over traditional seam-taping while still fully securing shell weatherproofing
- Mid-length 'Tornado' roll closure system behaves like a dry bag creating a waterproof seal
- Comes with a lightweight stuff sack for easy packing
- Please see www.eventfabrics.com for more information.
- MONTANE® stuff sac perfect for storage on the move
- Low bulk elasticated cuffs which can pull up forearms to aid cooling
- Internal pre-elasticated waist draw-cord
Revolutionary. The Montane Spektr Smock pushes the limits of lightweight performance hard-shells further than ever before. Designed for ultra assaults where weight is critical but performance cannot be compromised. eVent 3-layer fabric allows the Spektr to handle demanding weather conditions and offer market leading levels of breathability.
Zip free. Innovating in the pursuit of weight reduction, the ‘Tornado’ roll closure system replaces the front water resistant zip whilst offering improved levels of weather protection, increased pack ability and saves critical weight. A no-peak hood is designed to be worn with a Montane eVent® Pace Cap and features Cap storage within the hood when not needed.
Redefine mountain marathons.
If you're looking for the next revolutionary mountain shell, then look no further than the Montane Spektr Smock. This hardshell features all the functions of its heavier brethren without all that excess weight. By removing the zipper and replacing it with the 'Tornado' roll closure system, the Spektr weighs in at under eight ounces.