Montbell U.L. Down Vest -
Warmth without weight personified.
What keeps you warmer, a t-shirt or the MontBell Women's Ultralight Down Vest? If you guessed the former, remind us not to plan a winter camping trip with you. If you picked the latter, you are correct; and yet this super-warm vest doesn't occupy any more space in your pack, or weigh any more, than your average tee. Stuffed with ultralight goose down, this vest not only turns up the heat under your shell, but does an admirable job of blocking wind and rain when worn on its own.
- 15D Ballistic Airlight nylon shell ensures durability without sacrificing weight
- Sewn thru construction
- Single-quilt construction reduces weight and stuffs easily into your pack or pocket
Wash and Care:
- Polkatex DWR coating keeps out all extra moisture trying to sneak in; rated to maintain effectiveness for 100 washes
- 800-fill goose down is lightweight and lofts easily after being compressed
- 2 zippered hand warmer pockets
This family of products from Mont Bell continues to delicately balance the characteristics that define reliable ultra-light apparel. For example, the U.L. Down Jacket weighs less than most cotton T-shirts, blocks a deceptive amount of wind, while compressing to the size of a 32 ounce water bottle. Specifically designed as a replacement for the heavy and bulky fleece garments used by many backcountry enthusiasts, the U.L. Down Series is “what you need” when warmth is critical, minimal weight is paramount, and space in your pack is at a premium.