Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 2 Tent -
Like its namesake, the Hammerhead 2 tent from Mountain Hardwear has an unusual shape with a purpose. No, not to hunt prey, but to give you the most enjoyable camping experience possible. The Hammerhead 2 is a two-person tent with loads of functionality and not surprisingly one of the best selling warm weather tents on the market.
It all starts with tight, high quality construction. The Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead is made of tough nylon, with fully sealed seams and welded corners throughout. In fact, this tent tested successfully through 1200 inches of rain in 24 hours. Not a drop!
Setup? The Hammerhead 2 literally takes minutes to put together, using an easy color code system and relatively few poles. The interior has a high ceiling, two large doors for easy access and two roomy vestibules for storage. The Hammerhead even has a removable roof panel that lets you sleep right under the stars and a pole system that allows you to set up a lightweight tent using just a fly, sold separately.
Lightweight versatile and convenient, the Hammerhead 2 is a great option for either backpacking or just backyard fun.
- Pitch Light Option Weight = 4 lbs 4 oz. - save weight - leave the tent body home - use poles, fly and optional fitted fabric footprint to make an ultralight shelter
- Constructed with Mountain Hardwear's revolutionary, proprietary 'Tension Arch', a fabric based reinforcement system the strengthens and stabilizes the tent using fewer poles and saving weight - Also includes the 'Tension Shelf' which creates storage room and increases structural strength too
- For extra stability, each guyout point clips to the frame on the interior side of the rainfly via welded attachment points
- Zip out panel reveals mesh for ventilation and saves 4 ozs
- Two adjustable vents in fly sheet for air circulation
- No-see-um mesh doors and panels maintain ventilation to prevent interior condensation; large mesh sky panel rolls back for views and venting in nice weather
- Rainfly's clear SVX film window adds light and a view outside; 2 vents ensure proper airflow in all kinds of weather
- When the weather is "iffy" but you still want a view and ventilation, roll up the rainfly's front side for limited exposure
- Opposing double-slider door zippers make variable venting easy
Weather and Wind:
- Guaranteed watertight construction with fully taped fly, taped perimeter seam, welded corners and welded guy clip anchors. Rain room tested with 1200" of rain in 24 hours.
- External guypoints for stability in wind
- All seams are factory sealed or welded
- Hammerhead 2 features superlight buckles and webbing to save weight
- Reflective starter point, guy-out loops and zipper pulls for easy set-up at night
- Two large canopy doors with dual slider zippers for easy entry
- Tent features a zip out panel for a lighter, more packable configuration; leaving the panel behind takes 4 oz. off the trail weight
- All guyout loops are reflective for easy identification and canopy pockets keep tent organized
- Or keep the panel for more protection and greater privacy
- Atlas 7001 Yunan poles are lightweight, corrosion- and dent-resistant and completely field serviceable by hand
- 1 Clear fly window allows light and you can see out
- Sleeps 2
- Save weight and create a minimalist shelter by using just the rainfly, footprint (not included), poles and stakes
- High ceiling for extra head room
- Full coverage fly completely protects the tent from the elements
- 2 side vestibules for stowing gear - 11 sq.ft. each
- 2 doors - large opening eases entry or exit
- Simple all clip fast set up
- Convertible roof panel
- Fire Retardant
- DAC PressFit aluminum poles - light, strong, shockcorded, and durable
- Two vestibules for storage
- All stakes and carry bags included
- Comes with stuff sacks, stakes and guyline/tighteners
- Pitch Light™ configuration allows user to set up a superlight shelter using only the tent fly, poles and footprint (sold separately)
- Freestanding design is light and simple to set up
- Sturdy 3-pole design offers great livability for 2 backpackers; clips, color-coded pole loops and reflective starter point ensure easy setup
- Dry-entry vestibule design prevents water from dripping inside tent when vestibule is open so you don't get soaked
The Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 2 is a 2 person tent with 2 doors and 2 vestibules. The generous side vestibules shelters gear and the efficient floor plan allows enough room for 2 people. Lightweight shockcorded DAC PressFit poles stand strong in stormy weather. The full coverage fly envelops the tent and ensures MH's guaranteed watertight construction which means you stay dry no matter the weather conditions. The breathable roof panel can be zipped out and left home to save weight, get better ventilation or for stargazing. The Hammerhead also features the weight saving alternative Superlight option: leave the tent body behind & pitch with fly and the optional Pitch Light footprint to shave pounds. The all mesh canopy is great for ventilation and stargazing when the weather permits.
Mountain Hardwear's best warm weather tent, the Hammerhead is breezy and roomy - just what you want on a summer backpacking trip. The Hammerhead 2 has two adjustable vents in the rainfly for air circulation, high ceilings for extra head room, and a large floor plan to keep you from feeling stifled on warm summer nights. Two large canopy doors for easy entry, lead into two huge vestibules for easy gear storage, so you can move about the Hammerhead with ease. Coming into camp late? Color coded poles and grommet tabs and reflective starter points make even late-night set up easy. Once you have the Hammerhead set up you can enjoy its most unique feature: a convertible roof panel that zips closed for privacy or zips out entirely for unimpeded stargazing. Additionally, the Pitchlighttmconfiguration allows users to set up a superlight shelter using only the tent fly, poles, and footprint (sold separately), so if you know you have blue skies ahead, you can shave weight off your pack by leaving the tent body at home.
Free-standing, two and three person tents with a neat, convertible roof panel that opens to reveal the stars, and two huge vestibules for storage. Industry leading DAC Pressfit poles. Fully removable zip out panel that takes 4 ounces off the trail weight. Guaranteed watertight construction with fully taped fly, taped perimeter seam, welded corners and welded guy clip anchors. Rain room tested with 1200" of rain in 24 hours. Pitch Light configuration allows user to set up a superlight shelter using only the tent fly, poles and footprint (sold separately). Proprietary Evolution Tension Arch stabilizes tent using fewer poles. Two adjustable vents in fly sheet for air circulation. High ceiling for extra head room. Two large canopy doors with dual slider zippers for easy entry. Two vestibules for storage. Reflective starter point, guy-out loops and zipper pulls for easy set-up at night. Superlight 1/4" buckles and webbing reduce tent weight. Color coded pole loops for easy set up.
• Capacity: 2.
• Minimum Weight: 6 lb. / 2.72 kg.
• Packed Weight: 6 lb. 7 oz. / 2.92 kg.
• Materials: 70D Nylon Taffeta 3000mm PU (Tent Floor), DAC Pressfit™ poles (Poles), 20D Nylon Knit Mesh;68D Polyester Ripstop DWR (Canopy), 75D Polyester Taffeta 1500mm PU (Fly)
• Floor Area: 36 sq. ft. / 3.3 m2.
• Number of Doors: 2.
• Number of Poles: 3.
• Number of Vestibules: 2.
• Vestibule Area: 11 sq. ft. 1.0 m2 / 11 sq. ft. 1.0 m2.
• Interior Height: 44" / 112 cm.
• Packed Diameter: 5 in / 15 cm.
• Packed Length: 22 in / 56 cm.
• Pitch Light Weight: 4 lb. 4 oz. / 1.92 kg.
REI (2012) (closeout)
A superb tent for summer slumbers. The Mountain Hardwear Hammerhead 2 tent is a great choice for backpackers looking for a versatile tent that's ready for any situation.