Mountain Hardwear Trango 2 -
For those who like to camp off the beaten path even in winter, the Mountain Hardwear Trango 2 Tent is your best friend. This is one of Mountain Hardwear's toughest winter tents, designed to withstand cold winds, freezing temperatures and a whole lot of precipitation.
The Trango 2 Tent is solidly constructed of ripstop nylon, with fully sealed seams, welded corners and watertight zippers. The tent has even been Rain Room tested with 1200 inches of rain over 24 hours and did not let a drop in. Set up is a cinch using a color coded system and easy snap poles. As with other Mountain Hardwear tents, the Trango 2 can be used in a lighter weight configuration, using just the fly and the poles, along with a separately purchased footprint.
The Mountain Hardwear Trango 2 is designed for two people, but the vestibule extends the dry area on both sides for gear, storage or extra sleeping room. Mesh doors on either side allow two-way access, while mesh storage pockets give you a place to stash your Snickers.
Wind, snow, sleet or hail, nothing gets beyond the Mountain Hardwear Trango 2. This is one ballsy winter tent.
- Evolution Tension Arch™ technology multiplies structural aspects of the tent skeleton without adding poles or heavy wall fabric
- Canopy40D Nylon Ripstop DWR;20D Nylon Knit Mesh
- Tent Floor70D Nylon Taffeta 3000mm PE
- Expedition bathtub-style nylon floor features a non-hydrolyzing, 3000mm-rated polyether urethane coating and Durable Water Repellent finish for waterproofness and durability
- Stiff but lightweight fabric spreads the load-bearing capability of the poles over a wide surface area; ribbed wall fabric adds strength while remaining lightweight
- Reinforcement75D Polyester SD Ripstop 600mm PE
- 70D Nylon Taffeta 1500mm PU/SIL fly
- 40D nylon ripstop DWR/20D Nylon Knit Mesh canopy
- Welded zipper flap construction is lighter and drier than a sewn flap
- 2 mesh/fabric doors provide easy entry/exit; large vestibule provides work-worthy space while a small vestibule is handy for access, overflow storage and vent manipulation
- Mesh/fabric zippered thru-vent ensures good air circulation
- Internal guy system provides additional rigidity to the structure by creating resistance to the flexing or deformation of the frame
- For extra stability each guyout point clips to the frame on the interior side of the rainfly via welded attachment points
Weather and Wind:
- Catenary-cut seams create a taut canopy and rainfly for improved strength
- Guaranteed watertight construction with fully taped fly, taped perimeter seam, welded corners and welded guy clip anchors. Rain room tested with 1200" of rain in 24 hours
- Reflective guy-out loops, starter point and zipper pulls for easy set-up at night
- 2 dual canopy and mesh doors w/ watertight zippers
- Superlight buckles and webbing save weight; canopy storage pockets help keep your tent organized
- All the poles are color coded to the bar tacks in the webbing of the grommet tabs, plus reflective starter points help setup in low light conditions
- Gear can be stored off the floor using canopy pockets or a accessory gear lofts (sold separately)
- All guyout points are reflective for easy identification and canopy pockets keep tent organized
- Triangular and rectangular gear loft options
- 2 Tension Shelves
- Proprietary Evolution Tension Arch™ stabilizes tent using fewer poles
- Floor Area41 sq. ft. / 3.8 m2
- SVX window for a brighter interior and visibility of exterior conditions
- Dry-entry vestibule design prevents water from dripping inside tent when vestibule is open, improving livability
- Pitchlight compatible
- Pitch Light™ configuration allows user to set up a superlight shelter using only the tent fly, poles and footprint (sold separately)
- Vestibule Area11 sq. ft. 1.0 m2 / 5 sq. ft. 0.5 m2
- Number Of Doors2
- Interior Height41" / 104 cm
- Pitch Light Weight6 lb. 10 oz. / 3.00 kg.
- 2-Person capacity
- Packed Weight9 lb. 13 oz. / 4.45 kg.
- Mountain Hardwear Trango 2 comes with stuff sacks, aluminum stakes and owner's manual
- Mountain Hardwear Trango 2 is strong and easy to set up; front vestibule pole quickly affixes to the outside of the tent via pole clips
- Atlas Scandium XL poles offer strength and flexibility
- Packed Length24 in / 61 cm
- Minimum Weight8 lb. 14 oz. / 4.01 kg.
- DAC Featherlite® poles have a high strength-to-weight ratio, use extrusions, not inserts, to minimize breakage and are anodized without the use of harmful acids
- 2 clear SVX windows are placed correctly to check the weather; tent's color fends off depression while you wait for the weather to improve
- Industry leading DAC Featherlight NSL poles
Mountain Hardwear Trango 2 Person Camping Tent - The winter mountaineering standard for over a decade, the Trango 2 tent by Mountain Hardwear is an extremely refined shelter. Featuring industry leading DAC poles combined Mountain Hardwear's patented Evolution Tension Arch for added strength, the Trango 2 tent excels in the toughest conditions. The Trango tent offers guaranteed watertight construction with a fully taped fly, taped perimeter seam, welded corners and guy clip anchors. Dry-entry vestibules offer additional room front and rear. Dual doors and a zippered thru-vent help reduce condensation. Mesh storage pockets keep your gear off the ground, and a window brightens the interior. The Mountain Hardwear Trango 2 tent is the standard for winter mountaineering.
The winter mountaineering standard for over a decade, Trango™ tents are extremely refined shelters for two, three and four people. Featuring Industry leading DAC Featherlight™ NSL poles combined with Mountain Hardwear'sr four-pole design and including Mountain Hardwear's patented tension shelf for added strength, Trango™ tents excel in the toughest conditions. Poled vestibule offers additional room front and rear. Guaranteed watertight construction. Superlight option: pitch with fly and Pitch Light™ footprint to shave pounds. Footprint sold separately.
For serious ascents you need a solid shelter like the Mountain Hardwear Trango 2 Tent. This bombproof expedition tent has two dry entry vestibules giving you plenty of space to stow gear away from the weather. The Evolution Tension Arch system allows the tent to be more rigid without using more poles or thicker fabric meaning you don't have to pack as much weight. This tent is also compatible with The Pitch Light configuration which allows you to set up the tent with just the poles, fly, and footprint giving you a light and easy shelter that you can set up quickly (not included).
Oregon Mountain Community
The Mountain Hardwear Trango 2 Tent sets the standard for reliable winter mountaineering shelter. Engineered to be tough enough to withstand the most demanding high alpine conditions.
The Mountain Hardwear Trango 2 tent is designed for winter mountaineering. It's built incredibly strong and engineered for the toughest high alpine conditions.