MSR Reactor 2.5L Stove System - MSR Reactor 2.5L Camping Stove System - The Reactor 2.5L stove system from MSR combines state of the art cookware with a revolutionary design, making the Reactor the fastest, most fuel-efficient stove system ever. The Reactor's radiant burner is enclosed by a unique heat exchanger for unmatched performance in windy conditions while an advanced pressure regulator provides optimal heat output over the life of a fuel canister. The Reactor outperforms the competition, delivering incredibly efficient heat transfer. Stove and fuel stow inside of the high-efficiency 2.5-liter pot that excels with groups up to four people. The wider pot makes it a snow-melting expedition powerhouse. A collapsible handle locks the unique see-thru lid in place for easy transport. In the conditions you rely on a stove the most, only the MSR Reactor 2.5L stove system can pull through.
- 4 or 8 oz. MSR IsoPro fuel fits inside pot (sold separately)
- Self-contained, compact system fits the stove and fuel canister inside the pot so you have more space in your pack for other gear
Weather and Wind:
- Radiant burner is enclosed by a heat exchanger that maximizes heat transfer from the burner to the pot so you boil water fast, even in high wind
- Boils enough water for five freeze-dried meals at once; can be used as a snow-melting powerhouse for a 2-3 person expedition
- Heat exchanger completely encloses the radiant burner head to eliminate the effects of wind, maintain outstanding boil times, and conserve fuel
- Stove is made in the USA, pot is made in Thailand
- Wt. 1 lbs 4.7 oz (588 g)
- Stove and high-efficiency cookware are combined into one compact, easy-to-use system
- Stainless steel pot is highly durable and includes a collapsible handle that flips over the see-through lid to keep everything when the system is packed up
- Patent-pending radiant burner, heat exchanger, and internal pressure regulator produce best-in-class, fuel-sipping efficiency in any conditions
- Includes one 2.5 liter pot, heat exchanger and radiant burner
- Will boil 22 L of water per 8 oz. canister; for best results, always use MSR IsoPro fuel canisters
- Outperforms the competition when it comes to boil time—boils 0.5 L of water in just 90 seconds (in lab tests)
- Boil Time for 1 L water: 3 minutes
- Burner control twists to open or close the fuel regulator and control heat
- Internal regulator feeds fuel at a consistent rate for a reliable flame throughout the life of the canister
- To create a secure, integrated fuel system, the burner locks into the base of the pot, and the fuel canister screws into the base of the burner
- 21.4 oz. (607 g)
- Boils 1 liter of water in 3 minutes
- Internal regulator equalizes fuel pressure for optimal performance in all conditions
- Burner and fuel canister nest inside the 2.5L pot to make this stove compact and easy to pack
Take the MSR Reactor 2.5L stove system on your next overnight adventure and find out what convenience on the trail is all about. In just minutes, it can have you enjoying a cup of soup or fresh brewed coffee, even in a blinding snowstorm. And if you are with a group, you can feed three or more hungry backpackers quickly and easily with this innovative stove system. The Reactor 2.5L Stove System uses a unique combination of convective and radiant heat transfer methods to assure that the stove works well in a variety of conditions, including brisk winds and high altitudes. Because the burner and heat exchanger are contained under the pot itself, the heat is directed right where you need it and no valuable energy is allowed to escape. Also, the MSR Reactor has a built in pressure regulator that provides for a steady and consistent output of fuel. Talk about energy savings! If you have never had a decent working stove like the Reactor 2.5L stove system out in the back country with you, you just do not know what you are missing. Made of lightweight aluminum, this system weighs nearly 21 ounces so it will not add much to your carrying weight and all components store easily into the cooking pot for ultimate convenience.
New for 2013! The MSR Reactor 2.5L Stove System is an innovative, fast-boiling, fuel-efficient, windproof cooking system. Ultra-efficient, the radiant-heated Reactor 2.5L Stove System boils a liter of water in just 3 minutes! This ground-breaking stove is coupled with an integrated 2.5 liter cooking pot.
Whip up dinner for a group or melt a heap of snow fast when you're cooking with the MSR Reactor 2.5L Stove System. MSR's engineers gave this system a large, group-friendly pot and went to great lengths to make the burner system utterly reliable and supremely efficient. The enclosed burner shrugs off winds up to 12 miles per hour, the fuel-pressure regulation system maximizes the life of every fuel canister, and integrated stove-and-pot design makes for rock-solid stability when cooking and easy storage when it's time to hit the trail.
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
When you need the fastest, most fuel-efficient stove you can get, look no further than the MSR Reactor 2.5 stove system. Not only does the Reactor 2.5 stove system outperform the other camp stoves in its class, it also comes with the necessary cookware and conveniently packs into itself.
Do you need a stove system that is reliable through any condition, rain or shine? Well MSR® has given you exactly that. The Reactor 2.5 L StoveSystem is not only the fastest and most fuel efficient stove but it offers you mobility and durability.
Boils enough for five freeze dried meals at once, or make it an expedition snow-melting powerhouse for 2-3 people.
Burn time (MSR IsoPro) per 227-g / 8-oz. canister: Appx. 80 minutes.
Boil time (MSR IsoPro), 1 liter: 3 minutes.
Water boiled (MSR IsoPro) per 227-g canister: 22 L.
Water boiled (MSR IsoPro) per 1 oz. of fuel: 2.8 L.
State-of-the-art cookware and revolutionary stove design combine to create the fastest, most fuel efficient system ever. The MSR Reactor's radiant burner is enclosed by a unique heat exchanger for unmatched performance in windy conditions while an advanced pressure regulator provides optimal heat output over the life of each fuel canister. Stove and fuel canister stow inside of the high efficiency 2.5 liter pot that's great for everything from solo trips to cooking for groups of up to three people. A collapsible handle locks the unique see-thru lid in place for safe and easy transport.