Nike Lunaracer+ - The Nike LunaRacer+ running shoe is made for go-fast runners with underpronated to mildly overpronated gaits. Highly breathable upper features Nike Flywire technology that offers exceptional comfort with targeted support. An entirely new running experience that combines plush cushioning with perceptibly springy response, inherent stability and racing flat-like weight. A lower-profile midsole adds the ground-hugging feel that fleet-footed runners crave. Injected Phylon™ carrier construction with cushioning outsole lugs and BRS 1000™ rubber in high abrasion areas. Nike+ ready. Wt. 5.6 oz.
- Midsole is composed of the LunarLite cushioning system with a LunarLite foam core, which is a unique blend of ultraplush cushioning and springy response.
- Track-spike-inspired tongue features no-sew construction for enhanced comfort and fit.
- Internal microfiber synthetic bands enhance lock down for a snug, secure fit.
- Flywire technology wraps the rearfoot and acts as a heel counter, improving fit, support and stability around the heel with little weight.
- EVA sockliner is molded around the curvature of your heel and medial arch for enhanced comfort, fit and support.
Support and Cushioning:
- Ultrastrong, ultralightweight Flywire provides targeted support.
- Phylon carrier adds spring and houses the LunarLite foam core to enhance cushioning and support underfoot.
- Thin, dynamic mesh upper provides lightweight, breathable comfort.
- Molded sipes along the length and width of the carrier's base enhance flexibility and encourage a more neutral stride.
Traction and Grip:
- Strategically placed BRS 1000 carbon rubber at high-wear zones enhance durability and traction.
- Reflective elements on the toe-tip and heel enhance visibility.
- Sidewall of the Phylon carrier features a virtual medial post to help moderate excessive pronation through midstance.
This ultra-lightweight racing shoe was intended for runners with an underpronated stride (meaning the foot rolls outward after heelstrike) who are seeking speed.
Introduced in January 2011, the LunaRacer+ features a highly breathable mesh upper with Nike Flywire technology. These high-tensile strength fibers add a lightweight stability and durability to the upper without adding excessive tooling, materials or weight. Nike’s super-lightweight Lunarlon foam rests within a firmer Phylite foam carrier that helps it maintain its shape and bounce-back properties. “It’s definitely softer, more energy-efficient, and springier,” said Kevin Hoffer, Nike’s Innovation Lead, who spoke with Striperpedia about the origins of Lunarlon. “Which is why we have to encapsulate it in this shell.” This shoe is Nike+ enabled, meaning a pocket under the left insole accommodates a chip that can record the details of a run. Runners can upload this to the internet and set goals, track progress and connect with other running enthusiasts.
Rotterdam winner and owner of the third-fastest marathon in history, the Nike men's Lunaracer+ Running Shoe gives you the feel of a well-cushioned tempo trainer and the weight of a featherlight racing flat. The Lunaracer is ideal for the runner with a neutral to mildly overpronated gait.
This running shoe was built for the neutral to mild-overpronator who wants the feel of a well-cushioned shoe without the weight.