Comfortable shirt for an active lifestyle
I bought several of these shirts in different colors. I use them for sweaty cycling, yoga, and work. I've had them for almost a year and use them often. Pros:
- The shirts are very comfortable. Perhaps some of this is due to the stretch, so I can move whichever way and not feel constricted.
- UPF is nice since I'm outside quite a bit.
- I thought it was a nice fit. I'm usually a L in regular fit and XL in slim fit. I got the XL and it was comfortably roomy (not too much that it would look baggy). My chest size is aprox 38" and I didn't think it was too tight. The L probably would have fit also but it would have been more form fitting than I would have wanted.
- The length isn't too short or too long. I'm 5'4" and it falls at the hip.
- The flattering style hides any tummy one might have. (See my comments on fit.)
- The shirts come in nice colors. I got amaranth (magenta), ultramarine (light teal), and gull gray.
- These shirts launder well. I stick them in the washer and dryer with my other color laundry. There have been no shrinkage, snags, etc. They still look new and don't wrinkle. Cons:
- While the fit is good, the cap sleeves ride up into pits sometimes. There is a little elastic band at the sleeve opening but if I move enough, the sleeves will also move.
- Sweat will show. Since I use this for activities where I'm not the only one sweating, I'm not so concerned about this point. But even if the sweat shows, it dries very fast; so sweat doesn't show for very long.
Good Wicking Hiker
I buy all Patagonia w/ the intention of 1) wearing it to hike and 2) having the clothing double as "work" gear. In reference to hiking, these Capilene are great! I bought two of them and they wick well and work great on their own in warmer weather or under my R1. Regarding wearing to work, I had to knock 'em down to 4 stars due to the fit. The shirts are WAY comfy, but they don't "cling" well to your body. That said, if you don't care about how they look on you (it was a boob thing for me), then they will definitely be a 5 star purchase.
Comfortable and Versatile
I have yet to go running in this shirt, but it's very light and comfortable and seems like it would be fine for long runs. I got the black version, and although I don't love the logo placement on the front and back, it isn't that prominent.
I've worn the shirt under a blazer for work and it's held up well, even through subway commutes in 85+ degree heat. I like the silky feel of the material and the low-maintenance cleaning -- just wash in cool water and hang to dry. Good value for money!
5 stars for the function and feel of the fabric, but only 3 stars for the fit (at least for my body). Comfortable shirt, great feeling fabric, and performs well for hard runs and workouts. But the fit isn't perfect for me - this shirt is much too narrow in the shoulders. I'm tall, wear a size medium, and have wide shoulders and a narrow waist. The shoulder line on the shirt falls several inches in from where my shoulders and arms meet, and the short sleeves really bunch up when I'm .
love this shirt!
Great shirt for my morning runs and even aerial fabric dance classes. The material is great and doesn't get caught on the fabric when when I'm wrapping up in a difficult hold. Its also perfect for humid gulf coast morning runs, wicks well and the blue is a beautiful vibrant color. It fits well all around, not to tight , but not to lose either. I'm 135, 5'5"ish and the medium was perfect for me. Totally my favorite shirt!
great running shirt.
i bought this shirt for running and it has been great so far. it has a nice stretch to it so it keeps its shape, and it is lightweight, but not too thin. it also layers well with other shirts. i bought a small, but i think i would get a medium if i were to buy another- because it clings a little too much to my middle area (if you know what i mean).
soft and functional
This shirt is very soft and comfortable and an excellent fit (not too tight or too baggy). I recently got caught in a heavy downpour on my bike wearing it. It dried in about 15 or 20 minutes even after getting completely soaked, which surprised me because most 'quick dry' fabrics are not this soft. The mango color is pleasant but also nice and visible.
capilene stretch T
a bit of a tight style for me to wear as a PE teacher....prefer the kids to keep their eye on the ball...not me......but looking forward to wearing these T's under my lifejacket when kayaking this summer...wish these were a looser fit.....skinny girls order em up!!..I would say they run small...but did not want to flip them and pay for return shipping again...
I got 3 of these shirts to use to exercise in, but also as lightweight travel shirts for the summer. I read the reviews before ordering, and ordered one size larger. I do not like my shirts tight. I am 5'1', 107 lbs and medium fit me slightly loose but not baggy. I usually wear an XS or S, except in Patagonia t's.
Great Running Shirt
I purchased 4 of this shirt. Great for trail running or road running. Pretty cap sleeve, it dries super fast, very good moisture management. I have used on my 50 mile races as well as regular weekend long runs. I would purchase rest of the colors. I love them!!! This fits slim, and it is very pretty fit.