Patagonia Guidewater Waders - The ideal balance between lightweight, waterproof/breathable performance and durability, these waders utilize our lightest fabric on top, midweight fabric in the midsection and heaviest weight fabric at the seat and knees, and have our wool-lined booties. Yesterday it was climbing in and out of a drift boat, today it's a long walk-in, and tomorrow you'll be chasing the surf blitz. Our tough, versatile Guidewater Waders keep you dry through it all with a perfect balance of weight, breathability and durability. We started by strategically placing varying weights of our proprietary waterproof/breathable polyester microfiber fabric package with H2No® Hydrostorm barrier according to specific breathability or toughness needs. The result? Max durability and flexibility without resorting to excessive, heavy, sweat-trapping layers. Our revolutionary, custom-fit merino wool grid-lined neoprene booties, with abrasion-resistant soles, wick perspiration and create guilt-inducing levels of foot comfort. Our innovative internal suspension system with TPU slide and lock design on front and back of suspenders allows easy conversion to waist height and - this is critical - quick relief without having to remove your jacket or fight sticky zippers. More features: a quick-release DuraFlex® Stealth-V buckle to adjust fit; anatomically curved knees; built-in fabric gravel guards with abrasion-resistant scuff zones; gripper elastic gravel guard cuffs; and, to avoid line catch, concealed, stainless steel, locking boot hooks. An inside, zippered main pocket (with key/tool loop) flips out for easy access. Field repair kit included.
Lining and Layers:
- Anatomically shaped merino-lined, neoprene booties are insanely comfortable and help your feet stay warm when it's cold without causing them overheat during the hike in
- Stretch Wading Belt with a quick-release DuraFlex® Stealth-V buckle provides smooth function and an easy-to-adjust fit
- Polyester microfiber shell features our proprietary waterproof/breathable H2No® Hydrostorm barrier with a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish The fabric is highly durable and puncture resistant
- Custom fit for left and right booties with abrasion-resistant soles; 3mm neoprene booties are lined with our patent pending merino wool grid, which provides the same warmth and better breathability than 5mm neoprene; laser cut Hypalon® utility keeper for easy access to tools, nippers, etc.; field repair kit included
- Built-in, heavyweight reinforcement fabric gravel guards with abrasion resistant scuff zones; gripper elastic gravel guard cuffs; concealed stainless steel, locking boot hooks secure cuff to boot and avoid line catch; anatomically curved knees; inside leg seams are positioned away from wear zones
- Puncture-resistant materials are strategically placed with the lightest material on top, mid-weight in the legs, and the thickest in the seat and knees
- Breathable H2no Hydrostorm barrier keeps water out without giving you a plastic-wrapped sweaty feeling
- Waist-mounted EZ Lock suspenders allow for easy conversion from chest to waist height, and provides quick relief without having to remove jacket or fight hard-to-operate zippers; TPU slide and lock design on front and back of suspenders offers security when wading deep and for roll-down, waist-high comfort
- Inside zippered main pocket (with internal key/tool loop) flips out for quick access
- Included repair kit lets you make emergency fixes on trail
- After their long and illustrious career, these waders are recyclable through Patagonia's Common Threads Initiative
Get that much closer to your favorite riffle, cut bank, or pool.
Whether you're pushing through frigid mountain water looking for rainbows or wading through the Watauga River looking for browns, the Patagonia Guidewater Waders blend a lightweight, flexible feel with heavyweight water protection to keep you dry and comfortable as you cast.