Patagonia Knifeblade Pullover - No Siesta, Infinite Spur, Exocet - for serious mixed climbing, Patagonia's alpine ambassadors wanted a pared-down pullover with storm-level protection and soft-shell breathability. We teamed with Polartec® to deliver. The new Power Shield® Pro fabric fills the gap between traditional hard and soft shells, providing superb weather-resistance - functionally waterproof in all but a deluge - while remaining exceptionally breathable. It has a soft, pliable feel, slides easily over layers, and is durable enough to withstand big-route abuse. The stripped-down pullover has two water-resistant zippered chest pockets placed to avoid a harness or pack, low-profile cuff closures and Touch Point SystemT embedded cord locks in the hood and hem for quick adjustment without opening the jacket. Sonic-welded seams reinforced with micro-stitching (patent pending) reduce seam bulk while optimizing strength, and the helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood with laminated visor provides optimal visibility in bad conditions. Full-reach gusseted underarm panels allow overhead mobility.
Patagonia's most water-resistant performance soft shell, built with lightweight, moisture-shedding Polartec® Power Shield® Pro for maximum protection and optimal breathability.
-Polartec® Power Shield® Pro with tricot backing is engineered for optimal soft-shell performance in all conditions.
-Pullover silhouette reduces weight and bulk for use with a climbing harness or pack waist belt.
-Helmet-compatible, 3-way-adjustable hood with laminated visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions.
-Touch Point SystemT embeds cord locks in the hood and hem for quick adjustments to seal out rain and snow (patented)
-Modified Y-JointT sleeve construction for overhead mobility without jacket lifting.
-Harness- and pack-compatible chest pocket configuration with moisture-shedding DWR (durable water repellent) reverse-coil zippers.
-Cuffs have low-profile closure with pleated gusset.
-5.9-oz Polartec® Power Shield® Pro 94% polyester/6% spandex bonded to a tricot back.
-445 g (15.7 oz)
-Made in Vietnam. PRODUCT VIDEOS
Knifeblade Pullover with Steve House
Wash and Care:
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry low.
Weather and Wind:
- Harness and pack-compatible chest pocket configuration with moisture-shedding DWR (durable water repellent) reverse-coil zippers
- Two pack-friendly Napoleon zip pockets.
- Chest pockets stash your small essentials
- Polartec Power Shield Pro fabric feature a smooth, tightly woven face for abrasion resistance and polyester velour back for warmth.
- Polartec® Power Shield Pro fabric with a tricot backing, combines lightweight weather resistance and incredible breathability
- Touch Point System™ has embedded cord locks in hood and hem for quick adjustments to seal out weather
- The fabric allows rapid moisture vapor transfer while remaining highly wind- and water-resistant.
- The membrane in the middle enables the fabric to block 99% of the wind. The remaining 1% circulates within the fabric, greatly enhancing moisture transmission and improving breathability.
- Abrasion-resistant fabric still looks good after much use and abuse
- 89% polyester, 11% spandex.
- Drawcord hem for a dialed-in fit.
- Modified Y-Joint sleeve construction allows for full range of motion.
- Breathable, stretchy softshell fabric ensures you don't overheat when hiking, ice climbing, or skiing
- Slim fit has a modern cut that hugs the body while still leaving room for movement.
Lining and Layers:
- A regular fit allows you to layer underneath and provides plenty of room to move about
- Front zip opening allows increased and adjustable ventilation.
- Helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood with laminated visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions
- An adjustable hood helps shield your face from the wrath of Mother Nature
- Modified Y-Joint sleeves provide overhead mobility and pullover won't lift above waist
- Low-profile cuff with pleated gusset
- 5.9-oz Polartec® Power Shield® Pro 89% polyester/11% spandex bonded to a tricot back
- Pullover silhouette trims weight and bulk for use with a climbing harness or pack waistbelt
- Polartec Power Shield Pro membrane sheds water and has a high warmth-to-rate ratio
- Polartec Power Shield Pro with tricot backing is engineered for optimal soft-shell performance in all conditions
When a full zipper isn't worth the weight, check out the Knifeblade Pullover from Patagonia. Made with Polartec® Power Shield® Pro fabric to repel most weather and block the wind, the Knifeblade Pullover is breathable and is designed to move with you up the mountain or down the slopes. Hood is helmet-compatible with plenty of adjustability for protection and visibility.
The Patagonia Women's Knifeblade Pullover. The Knifeblade is our most water-resistant soft shell for the serious alpine enthusiast. The pullover, made with moisture-shedding Polartec Power Shield Pro fabric is highly breathable, provides great stretch, and has a high warmth-to-rate ratio.
The performance that this jacket boasts is literally amazing! Patagonia has combined serious storm protection with optimal breathability; this coat is ideal for ice climbing, backcountry skiing, and all around mountaineering. The Patagonia Knifeblade 1/4 Zip Jacket is the most water resistant performance stretch soft shell produced by Patagonia, built with light weight, moisture shedding Polartec® Power Shield® Pro fabric. Performance athletes who don't stop moving all day will quickly find that the Knifeblade has become their go-to jacket for outdoor winter activities.
You never thought a pullover could work so well.
The Patagonia Knifeblade Pullover Jacket's Polartec Power Shield Pro fabric stops the wind in its tracks while creating a superb weather-resistant layer that any mountain enthusiast would be proud to wear.
Grandes Jorasses, Dhaulagiri, Fitz Roy. For serious mixed climbing, our alpine ambassadors wanted a pared-down pullover that pairs storm-level protection with unprecedented breathability. We teamed with Polartec to deliver a soft-shell breakthrough. Power Shield® Pro fabric fills the gap between traditional hard and soft shells, offering unprecedented breathability, protection from wind, and waterproofness. It has a pliable feel, slides easily over layers, and is durable enough to withstand big-route abuse. It has two water-resistant zippered chest pockets placed to avoid a harness or pack, low-profile cuff closures and Touch Point System™ embedded cord locks in the hood and hem for quick adjustment. The helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood with laminated visor provides optimal visibility in bad conditions. Full-reach gusseted underarm panels allow overhead mobility.
You've found one last sweet line to climb before day's end as a storm approaches. Throw on the Knifeblade and let it cut through bad weather as you hustle up that route.