Patagonia Rain Shadow Jacket -
The Patagonia Rain Shadow Jacket is the ultimate rain jacket. Completely water and windproof, extremely durable, and stylish to boot, this jacket offers optimal protection without all the bells and whistles of pricier pieces.
Lining and Layers:
- Microfleece-lined neck and chin for comfort
- Highly engineered interior surface texture channels moisture away from skin, protects the waterproof/breathable barrier from abrasion and slides easily over layers
- Polyurethane-coated pit zips; partially elasticized, self-fabric cuff tabs; drawcord hem
- 2.5-layer, 2.5-oz 100% nylon with a waterproof/breathable H2No® barrier and a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Roll-down, 2-way-adjustable hood with laminated visor for improved hood structure and visibility
- Watertight, PU-coated zippers prevent water from dripping down the jacket and sneaking in
Weather and Wind:
- H2No waterproof breathable membrane repels rain and snow while still allowing air molecules to pass through
- Unlined, waterproof handwarmer pockets; custom zipper pulls
- All exterior zippers and pit zips are watertight, coated and treated with a Deluge DWR finish
- Updated this season with a unidirectional watertight PU coated zipper for ease of use in the field
- Polyurethane-coated center-front zipper is offset at chin
- Underarm zips help you shed excess heat when you're working up a sweat
The best wet-weather insurance policy for your next alpine trek is to head out with a quality rain shell like the Patagonia Men's Rain Shadow Jacket. This packable shell features a waterproof breathable H2No membrane to shed wet weather and allow internal heat and water vapor to escape so you stay dry and comfortable.
O2GearShop.com (Spring 2012)
Full-coverage, lightweight rainwear with exceptional moisture management, the Rain Shadow Jacket is built with 2.5-layer nylon and a waterproof/breathable H2No® barrier for high-output pursuits in wet conditions; updated this season with a unidirectional watertight PU coated zipper for ease of use in the field.
Massey's Outfitters (closeout)
Alaska, Canada, Seattle, South America: one jacket. Our lightweight and storm-proof Rain Shadow keeps you dry and mobile through all wet climates. Its unique raised pattern on the inside diffuses and channels moisture away from skin, aids in hassle-free layering, and enhances long-term durability. The tear-resistant, lightweight 2.5-layer 100% nylon fabric also has a waterproof/breathable H2No® barrier and a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Details include: Deluge PU-coated zippers to eliminate the need for storm flaps; a one-way front zip; microfleece lining on the neck and chin; waterproof handwarmer pockets (no longer mesh-lined) with zipper garages; a roll-down, 2-way-adjustable helmet-compatible hood, self-fabric cuff tabs and a drawcord hem.