Patagonia Torrentshell Parka -
The Men's Torrentshell Parka is a fully seam-sealed, waterproof/breathable jacket that provides a more full coverage fit than other Patagonia rain jackets. The Torrentshell Parka will keep you dry in the fiercest storms. Other details Patagonia has provided include a hem cinch cord, pit-zip ventilation, an adjustable hood, and zip hand pockets. Even with a longer fit the Men's Torrentshell Parka only weighs in at 14 ounces so you will not feel weighed down during the storm.
- 2-way-adjustable hood with laminated visor rolls down and stows
Weather and Wind:
- H2No Barrier is Patagonia's standard for 100% waterproof and breathable protection in our shell garments. H2No is created by adding a waterproof and breathable laminate or coating to a high performance protective fabric. This fabric package blocks wind and water on the outside while allowing water vapor generated by your body to escape - keeping you warm, dry and comfortable. Learn more
- 2-way center-front zipper with exterior and interior storm flaps to keep water out; pit zips with storm flaps and Deluge DWR-treated zippers
- Packs into zippered interior self-storage chest pocket
- Jacket folds up small, stores in its internal stuff pocket, and takes up minimal space in your pack
- Two external handwarmer pockets; one internal mesh drop-in pocket
- 25-layer nylon ripstop shell with a waterproof/breathable H2No barrier and Deluge DWR finish
- Drawcord hem seals out wind and keeps the jacket in place around your rear when you move
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures; drawcord hem
Lining and Layers:
- Microfleece-lined neck provides comfort and protects waterproof/breathable barrier
- Micofleece-lined neck and chin reduces chafing to your face when you seal yourself off from the elements
- Vent excess heat during late afternoon thunderstorms with underarm vents
- 2-layer H2No shell fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof and breathable. They utilize an internal mesh or a wicking, hanging fabric liner to protect the waterproof barrier making them very comfortable and warm, even against the skin. 2-layer shell fabrics are versatile alternatives when you don't need the lightest or most durable shell available.
- Recyclable through Patagonia’s Common Threads Garment recycling program
A full-coverage version of our popular Torrentshell, the stormproof Parka is made of a 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable H2No barrier and Deluge DWR (durable water repellent) finish. The features add comfort: a roll-down adjustable hood with laminated visor, a 2-way center front zipper and pit zips with storm flaps, self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures, a drawcord hem and microfleece-lined neck. The longer length fits easily over a sports coat. Pockets: two external handwarmers, one internal mesh drop-in and a zippered interior that the parka stuffs into.
From Springer Mountain to Katahdin, the Patagonia Torrentshell Parka offers three-season rain protection as you thru-hike your way up the east coast. The H2NO barrier and Deluge DWR finish protect you from late spring snow-storms to early fall rain showers.