Pearl Izumi Sun Sleeve -
A sleeve that keeps your arm cool and free from dangerous sunburn.
When we were kids we relished getting the darkest, starkest-looking tan line on our arms; it made us feel that much closer to our pro idols and set us apart from our football - or soccer-playing mates. Now, with our adult knowledge of the damage the sun's rays can do to our skin, we recognize the need for some sorts of protection. The Pearl Izumi Sun Sleeves not only offer UPF 40-rated protection, but they actually keep us cooler in the hot sun than we would be riding with bare arms.
That's because they are made from the Elite Transfer fabric with In-R-Cool technology, which work together to manage moisture as you perspire and provide optimal skin cooling. The In-R-Cool technology used here is the very same used in Pearl Izumi's most advanced jerseys and works to wick rapidly and keep the surface temperature of the fabric down by reflecting the sun's UV rays. Add to this the sun protection that the Sun Sleeves provide, and you will be able to ride all day without having to worry about overheating or caring for sunburned arms in the evening.
Designed to fit like a second skin, the stretchy Sun Sleevesinclude the Direct-Vent mesh on the underside of the arms to help with ventilation, something you will be very happy about on a hot day around 3 o'clock. And if you happen to be out riding as the sun is setting, Pearl Izumi has added reflective elements to help keep you safe.
The Pearl Izumi Sun Sleeves come in White and are available in sizes Small, Medium and Large.
- Anatomic right and left specific fits
- White colorway features ELITE Transfer fabric with In–R–Cool technology to provide optimal skin–cooling effect and moisture management when you perspire
- Elite Transfer In-R-Cool fabric powered by Ice-Fil provides superior moisture transfer and active cooling when you perspire to reduce body surface temperature by 5%
- In-R-Cool technology reflects the sun's rays to lower surface temperatures on the fabric and offer UPF 40+ protection during long rides under clear skies
- Hydrophilic Elite Transfer fabric breathes, dries quickly, and wicks moisture efficiently to cool your skin through evaporation
- 90% nylon 10% elastane
- Direct-Vent mesh on the bottom allows for excellent airflow
- White colorway (depending on inventory) doesn't absorb as much heat to keep you cooler during longer rides
- Reflective elements offer enhanced visibility in lowlight conditions
- Mesh on the inner arm dumps excess heat and moisture quickly as you ride
- Reflective elements for low-light visibility
- Reflective details enhance your visibility to drivers during early morning or evening rides
- UPF40+ protection keeps you safe from harmful UV rays
- Black colorway (depending on inventory) more effectively reflects UV radiation to prevent sun burn
- Sold as a pair.
Long days in the sun can take their toll on your skin. Protect your arms with Pearl Izumi’s Sun Sleeves, in black or white, lightweight barriers to damaging UV rays. UPF 40+ sun protection on top and a vented mesh on the bottom keep you cool and safe.
Sun and Ski Sports
The lightweight and cool Pearl Izumi Sun Sleeves provides arm protection against the sun's ultraviolet rays. These anatomic fit arm coolers feature Direct-Vent mesh on the bottom and UPF 40+ sun protection with moisture transfer on top to keep you cool and protected without multiple applications of slimy sun screen.
Don't let those sizzling summer rays scorch your warm-season mileage. Chill out with the cooling protection of these performance-packed running sleeves from Pearl Izumiz®.
Features ELITE Transfer fabric with In-R-Cool® technology for optimal cooling and protection from harmful UV rays.
Features ELITE Transfer fabric with In-R-Cool technology that delivers efficient skin-cooling and moisture management.
UPF 40+ sun protection.
side of sleeves.
Reflective details for visibility in low-light conditions.
90% nylon, 10% elastane.
Machine wash cold, tumble dry low.
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
The Pearl Izumi Sun Sleeves offer UPF40+ protection and only need to be put on once so you can spend more time riding and less time reapplying sunscreen.
Fiber Content: 90% nylon, 10% elastane.
Country of Origin: Imported
Updated to be lighter weight, the lightweight and cool Sun Sleeves provide arm protection against the sun’s ultraviolet rays.