Rossignol Scratch Ski -
With the athlete-approved Rossignol Scratch Ski claiming more X-Game medals than any other ski, it's no wonder that this park and pipe ski has been haunting your dreams all summer and fall when you think about winter. This slopestyle and pipe specific ski provides you with the tools to effectively launch into the air, showcase some ridiculously awesome trick, and calmly stomp it without so much of a hitch.
Designed with a Jib Tip that provides a rounder tip profile, the Scratch supplies a sweet ski for pipe and park transitions and for skiing switch so you're able to make things look smooth and effortless during take-off and landing. Rossignol also equipped the Scratch with an Auto Turn Rocker profile for more versatile, easier skiing in a wide range of snow and terrain conditions. Its camber underfoot delivers power, energy, and edge-grip for stellar performance on groomed terrain while the Scratch's subtle rockered tip and tail design delivers easy steering, carving, turning, effortless speed control, and maximum versatility in all terrain and snow types. Basically, this means you're able to jib and launch off of your mountain's natural features, slide up and down rails and boxes with ease, and work on your skiing skills when the park and pipe are jam-packed during the holidays or weekends.
If you thought that wasn't enough, Rossignol gave the Scratch an Extended Sidecut which means the ski's sidecut continues beyond contact point where the tip and tail rocker start. As a result, at high speeds and increased edge angles the sidecut is more engaged for powerful full-length grip while at lower speeds and edge angles, the sidecut is less engaged for more maneuverability and ease.
If you're worried about blowing an edge or snapping a ski, don't be, as Rossignol uses Minicap sandwich sidewall construction. Its Minicap strengthens the top of the ski for increased durability while 30-degree inclined sidewalls improve swing weight and reduce the ski's overall weight for enhanced edging and durability. Oh, and its wood core with microcell and fiberglass laminates supply stellar durability, a light weight, and improved energy transmission for killer pop. Phew ... now that's a lot of tech talk for a ski that's all about play.
Lining and Layers:
- Soft fur lining
- The Jib Absorption System has a rubber layer between sidewall and edge for shock absorption with an extra thick layer sandwiched in the tip and tail to absorb landing shocks and increase durability.
- Bi-injected polyester shell material
- MiniCap ROSSITOP construction strengthens the top of the ski increasing durability. 30 degree sidewalls improve swing weight and reduce ski’s overall weight, enhancing edging and durability.
- Total Thermo fit
- Unisex medium volume fit
- Replaceable comfort heel pads
- natomical molded padding
- Extended Sidecut continues beyond contact point where tip and tail rocker start. As speeds and edge angles increase, more sidecut is engage for powerful full-length edge grip. At lower speeds the edge angles sidecut is less engages for more maneuverability and ease.
Traction and Grip:
- Power Turn Camber has a classic high camber underfoot that delivers power and edge grip for groomed run performance while storing energy and providing explosive snap and boost.
- WRS (Weight Reduction System) aligns core fibers with the ski’s sidecut shape, placing more underfoot and fewer in the tip and tail.
- Auto Turn Rocker
- Wood core with microcell and fiberglass laminates
- Easy entry concept
- Single sided canting
- 4 micro adjustable buckels
- 4 milled aluminum buckles
- Soft and hard flex adjustment setting
- Redesigned Elite active cockpit - In shell
- Visco removable zeppa boot board
- 2 T Nut & screws
- 360° (34mm)
- Heel "shock" landing gear
- 2 adjustable 3 position catches
- 4 cast aluminum catches
- Tulip shaped rear calf area
- 1 piece tongue and toe box
Rossignol's Scratch and S-series jib skis have won more X-Games medals than any other ski...period. The new Rossignol Scratch Skis are the competition-ready, team-approved pro model that simply slays all park disciplines. The pipe, slopestyle and rail-ready construction employs WRS (Weight Reduction System) and Jib Tip technology to give the ski a balanced and light swing weight for spinning big hits in the park and boosting out of the pipe. The JAS (Jib Absorption System) provides shock absorption and durability for greasing rails, buttering boxes and afterbanging out. With retro-skate inspired graphics by Squindo, the Scratch is for the next generation of skiers looking to gain the podium or just maximize their skills.
The legendary Rossignol Scratch Skis return in 2014. Having claimed more X-Games medals than any other ski on the market, and with a history spanning almost 15 years, you can probably say that Rossignol knows how to build a park ski. The full camber, 84 mm waist and cap construction gives you a super poppy, stable and durable ski with a pedigree unlike any other. #bossmode achieved.
Bomb proof freeski boots for those who live for progressive freeskiing. Designed to handle the toughest of landings throughout the park, pipe, and backcountry its Total Thermo Fit liner with Visco Heel insert keeps your feet comfortable and your bones safe while stomping booters, dropping cliffs, and cleaning the pipe. Scratch boot specifically designed to handle hard landings. The ultimate pipe and park and backcountry freestyle boots.
Rossignol's jib skis have ruled parks and pipes around the world as much as any brand over the last 10 years, winning more X Games gold medals than anyone else along the way. Now they feature new rocker technology and new shapes. Whether you ski the park, jib rails, hit backcountry booters or love skiing pow, our team-approved jib skis will exceed your expectations.