Salomon XR Crossmax Guidance - The Salomon XR Crossmax Guidance is for high mileage runners needing motion control and stable cushioning in a lightweight running shoe. Offers greater stability while limiting overpronation. Breathable mesh upper with Sensifit™ wraps the foot with a precise and secure fit, allowing foot to flex with greater ease. Quicklace™ system that allows you to put on and remove your shoes with just a tug of the laces. OS Tendon improves heel-to-toe transition while building energy during flex and providing propulsion during toe off. Othrolite® insole combines a specific Ortholite® foam and an EVA heel cup. Contagrip® outsole provides optimized performance. Wt. 10.6 oz.
Support and Cushioning:
- Removable OrthoLite cushioned insole wicks moisture, dries quickly and inhibits odor-causing bacteria
- Contagrip LT rubber offers lightweight cushioning and grip on mixed surfaces.
- A trail running shoe built for the moderate over-pronator who requires a combination of cushioning and enhanced stability.
- Contagrip HA abrasion-resistant heel rubber for increased support and durability on rough surfaces
- Asymmetrical Sensiflex promotes forefoot lock down, while allowing for more natural foot movement.
Weather and Wind:
- Mud Snow Contagrip, non-marking rubber outsole, is especially designed to provide exceptional grip and durability in winter conditions.
- CLIMASHIELD membrane helps keep the elements out while maintaining a cool, comfortable in-shoe climate.
- Ortholite insole offers underfoot comfort and features moisture-managing properties for a cooler, drier environment.
- Lace pockets keeps laces tucked away.
- Quicklace quick-pull lacing system with friction-resistant eyelets and lace pocket
- Triple-density EVA midsole delivers exceptional cushioning.
Lining and Layers:
- Soft, synthetic linings for a great step-in feel.
- SensiFit cradles foot for a secure fit with reduced pressure points
- Sensifit technology ensures an enhanced, snug fit.
- Quicklace system allows for a secure, customized fit.
- Textile Lining Material
- High-abrasion Contagrip HA outsole material provides extended durability over high-wear areas.
- Stretch airmesh upper promotes breathability and a quick drying environment.
- Breathable 3D stretch air-mesh upper with synthetic overlays
Traction and Grip:
- Lugged Contagrip outsole is different rubber hardness combinations for maximum grip over varied terrain at high speeds
- Contagrip LT lightweight forefoot rubber with flex grooves, self-cleaning, multidirectional lugs, and defined toe-off and braking lugs
- OS Tendon semi-rigid TPU bars through sole promote spring-like transition from heel-strike to toe-off
- Pronation Control
- Gusseted tongue keeps debris out.
- Built on gender-specific last
- OrthoLite® sockliner
- Compressed EVA
- Protective TPU toe cap.
- Women’s specific last
- SensiFLEX toe box provides lateral stability and stretches for mobility
Challenge yourself to a heart pounding trail adventure in the plush, stable ride of the XR Crossmax Guidance CS from Salomon!
Sierra Trading Post
Runner's World magazine's pick for "Best Debut" in April 2011, Salomon's XR Crossmax Guidance trail running shoes lend high-mileage runners excellent motion control, stability and grip.
The XR Crossmas Guidance Women's Trail Running shoe is a door to trail training shoe for high mileage runners who need motion control, stable cushioning and light weight.