Scarpa Gea -
The Scarpa Gea (pronounced 'shjay-ah') is a women's-specific, 4-buckle touring boot that was the lightest on the market at the time of its introduction and is capable of taking on challenging ascents and descents alike.
The Gea is made with Scarpa's Alpine Axial Tongue design, which combines the best attributes of tongue and overlap construction. The Axial Tongue opens to the side inside of straight forward, making entry into the boot easier. Once you've got everything buckled up, this tongue design gives the Gea a flex index of 100. If you're a really hard charger, you might want to look into the stiffer Scarpa Gea RS, which has a flex index of 120.
Widely acclaimed for its touring comfort, the Gea is designed to make long days of skinning and hiking easy. The included Intuition liner is very warm, and the aggressive rubber sole gives you excellent traction on snow and dirt when conditions are more marginal. The highly mobile heel cuff and a total weight that is pounds lighter than some other models will make you a happy camper on days that see as much uphill as down.
- Dynafit patented Quick-step tech fittings, and fitting Indicator, make Dynafit, Onyx or La Sportiva bindings a snap
- Women's specific Intuition Pro Flex G WMN liner is warm and fits well out of the box; can be professionally heat molded for a custom fit
- Quick-step fittings and Fitting Placement Indicators combine to make getting in/out of TLT bindings easier than ever before
- Shells are vegetable-based Pebax® Renew recyclable material
Support and Cushioning:
- Unique Alpine Axial closure combines the best of both overlap and cabrio boot constructions: super easy to get in/out, excellent volume adjustment, and strong support on the downhill
- Vibram Mistral sole interfaces with bindings for maximum support and performance
- 40 degrees of incredible range of motion offers comfortable and efficient touring
- Four lightweight adjustable Magnesium Mirage buckles control volume while elastic power strap offers power transfer
- Alpine Axial Tongues open laterally via hinges on the side of the boot- fight no more with your boots before early morning ascents!
- Magnesium Mirage buckles are strong and feather-light
- Vibram® Mistral sole ensures sure-footing on rime covered rocks and icy parking lots alike
- Winner of many awards, the Gea remains the go-to favorite for backcountry ladies and female ski mountaineers
- Wiregate Tour-lock buckle clasp keep buckles in place for rapid uphill/ downhill transitions
- Incredible range of cuff motion allows ideal tourability
- Asymetric tongue provides precise power transmission
Oregon Mountain Community
Climb up, ski down, repeat until exhausted. With the Scarpa Gea (pronounced 'shjay-ah') women AT skiers just might do more of the former, and stave-off the latter. The Gea is a phenomenal blend of lightweight touring prowess and downhill power.
Scarpa Gea - Women's: Pronounced 'shjay-ah', light as the wind, she will blow the minds of women who command strenuous ascents and challenging descents with authority.
40 degrees range of cuff motion.
Alpine Axial closure.
Fitting Indicator System.
Wiregate Tour-lock buckle clasp.
Flex Index: 100.
Inner Boot: Intuition Pro Flex G WMN
Shell | Cuff | Tongue: Pebax® Renew.
Buckles: 4 + Active Power Strap.
Forward Lean: 18° – 22°
Sole: Vibram® Mistral.
Weight: 1360g; 2lbs 15oz (1/2 pair size 25)
Size: 22.5 – 27.
Binding System: TLT, AT
Product Code: 12040/502
Put your feet in Scarpa's female-specific Gea (pronounced shjay-ah) AT boots quick before they float away! OK, so they're not THAT light, but these boots are the lightest four-buckle touring boots on the market. The Intuition liner provides a sweet, customized fit that clenches your feet for awesome control. Get a huge range of motion with the tour-loving cuff and wiregate Tour-lock buckle clasps.
Berg's Ski Shop
Introduced to a whirlwind of excitement, the Gea took the AT market by storm. This woman's specific fit with Thermo moldable liner makes for excellent fit, and superior warmth when exploring the backcountry. One of the lightest 4 buckle boots in its class meaning more energy for the slopes when your enjoying your hard-earned turns. Along with a huge range of motion out of the re-designed, tour loving cuff and wiregate Tour-lock buckle clasps. This boot is powerful enough to drive all types of skis with it's versatile 100 flex.