Six Moon Designs Gatewood Cape - This ain't your dad's Poncho Tarp! Anyone stuck on a high ridge camped under a poncho/tarp in a major blow, knows the hours to daylight are going to be long hard ones. Face it, unless you're small enough to qualify for a job as one of Willy Wonka's Oompa Loompas, ponchos don't provide much protection. Sure, you can add a bivy to your pack, but that's more weight and another single use piece of gear to carry. The Gatewood Cape's unique 360 Degree Protection provides full coverage either when worn as a cape or used as a shelter. Unlike ponchos, capes don't have long slits along the sides. While the poncho may allow for more ventilation, it does little to keep out wind blown rain. Dual zipper pulls on the front of the Gatewood Cape allow you to regulate ventilation while still providing full protection. Plus, the open skirted design allows fresh air to enter the bottom. As a shelter, the Gatewood Cape provides significantly enhanced protection when compared to your typical poncho/tarp. Its design easily sheds rain or snow and wind simply flows around it. Any sudden change in wind direction in the middle of the night won't leave you scrambling to re-orient your shelter or force you deeper into your bivy. Unlike a tarp setup that invariably leaves one or more sides exposed, the Gatewood Cape is a shaped tarp and eliminates all exposed sides, leaving you safe and secure.
- Ultra-light Waterproof Canopy is made from high strength 30 denier Silicone Nylon.
- Adjustable Vestibule Height allows you increase ventilation while maintaining adequate rain protection.
Weather and Wind:
- Center Pole Support significantly improves the ability of the shelter to handle wind and snow loads.
- Full 360 Degree protection when set up as a shelter or worn as rain gear.
- Integrated Map / Night Stash Pocket with zipper closure to keep stuff contained. Pocket also doubles as the stuff sack.
- Full Zippered Entrance makes entering and exiting the shelter a snap.
- Micro buckles connectharness to cape for easy installation and removal.
- Extremely Easy Setup requires only six stakes.
- Side Hooks for shortening the long sides when worn as a cape.
- Floating Canopy allows the c anopy to be set to different heights depending upon conditions.