SmartWool Expedition Trekking Sock -
When you’re planning on an extended backpacking trip, you need socks that keep your feet comfortable and dry. SmartWool Expedition Trekking socks are designed for long miles on the trail and carrying a full pack. The wool in SmartWool socks is culled from New Zealand Merino sheep. SmartWool technology then makes use of Merino wool’s natural properties to produce a sock that’s soft enough to keep your feet from itching. Lightweight, SmartWool fibers have a hydrophobic interior and hydrophyllic surface that transfer and repels moisture away from the skin. The natural crimp of the Merino wool fiber forms tiny air pockets that let the fabric regulate your temperature, whether it’s hot or cold. Trekking socks have a heavy cushion instep for soothing comfort and a high-density sole. The 3 x 1 rib knit top and the increased elastic in the arch area ensure these crew-height socks won’t slide down on your feet. 77% Merino wool, 22% nylon and 1% elastic. Made in USA.
Colors: Gray, Taupe.
Men’s Sizes:M(6 to 8-1/2), L(9 to 11-1/2), XL(12-14-1/2).
- Flat-knit side panel reduces compression for a better fit and max ventilation
- Merino wool naturally wicks moisture for dry comfort
- Wool-on-wool construction in the heel maximizes the lifespan of the sock
- Made of 77% super-soft Merino wool for no-itch comfort and warmth, 22% nylon for durability and 1% spandex for dependable stretch
Support and Cushioning:
- Arch area is knit with elastic for increased support and comfort; protects against shock and abrasion
- High-density footbed provides extra cushioning for improved shock absorption and durability
- Smartwool Merino fibers are naturally odor free
- Discount will be applied when you check out. Offer not valid for sale-price items ending in $._3 or $._9
- High-density knit sole and instep guard against abrasion, shock, lace pressure and blisters
- The 3x rib top with elastic holds the sock in place
- Smartwool fibers regulate body temperature to keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer
Cushion and support your feet while reducing compression from laces with the SmartWool Expedition Trekking Sock that provides padding against shock, blisters, and abrasion. Sturdy rib welt top nearly eliminates slippage with a snug fit over the shins.
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
Recommended for hard-core backpacking on rough terrain, SmartWool Expedition Trekking Socks now feature wool on wool (WOW) technology for greater durability.
Fiber Content: 80% wool, 19% nylon, 1% elastic.
Country of Origin: Imported
These thick, natural wool socks provide extra dense cushioning for warmth and comfort in cool weather.
Made in USA.
Masseys Outfitters Guide to Buying Hiking Socks