SmartWool PhD Outdoor Light Socks -
SmartWool PhD Outdoor Light Crew Socks are the highest performer in the SmartWool ladies socks line, great for trail running, hiking, mountain biking and more.
Crew sock height is the second highest in the SmartWool line, coming up to traditional crew height below the calf, keeping dust and dirt off your skin.
Made of the all-natural, odor free, moisture-controlling Merino wool fibers for which SmartWool socks are famous.
Wool-on-Wool (WOW) technology puts more SmartWool in high-impact and high-wear areas to help reduce shock and abrasion, making these performance socks a lasting pair.
SmartWool's 4-Degree Fit System means special attention to ankle, arch and insteps to keep sock in place - no bunching or slipping with this pair!
Strategically placed mesh zones provide maximum foot ventilation.
100% SmartWool fibers against your skin absorb sweat in its vapor state, which means sweat never condenses and makes your feet wet and clammy, and odor-causing bacteria won't build up.
SmartWool and its New Zealand Merino wool partners have developed Zque, the world's first traceable Merino fiber value chain to ensure environmental, social and economic sustainability, so you can buy SmartWools with a good conscience.
Our favorite SmartWool socks for women, these SmartWool Womens PhD Light Crew Socks are guaranteed to make your feet happy.
- Ankle bands, upper instep bands, lower instep bands and arch bands connect to the feet for a great fit and feel
- 4 Degree Elite Fit System improves fit and comfort—four elastic bands gently wrap and support the foot and allow for greater stretch and recovery while the foot flexes
- Merino wool keeps your body dry and inhospitable to bacteria that can cause odor
- Knit in USA of 70% Merino Wool, 28% Nylon, 2% Elastane
- Soft merino wool regulates temperature to keep feet warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm, manages moisture for breathability, naturally resists odor, and does not shrink or itch
- 25% Nylon
- Wool on wool technology
- New ReliaWool is a patent-pending reinforcement construction that puts more wool in high wear/high impact areas to increase durability and comfort
Support and Cushioning:
- Light half cushion for light impact absorption
Wash and Care:
- Machine wash and dry (inside out)
- SmartWool socks are guaranteed not to itch and can be repeatedly washed and dried without shrinking
- Mesh ventilation offers increased breathability
- Strategically placed mesh zones provide ventilation for temperature and moisture management
- Flat knit to reduce compression and maximize ventilation
Weather and Wind:
- Patent pending ReliaWool Technology in high impact areas provides the longer lasting protection to keep feet comfortable Flat knit durable toe seam for high burst strength
- Made in United States of America (yarn imported)
- 2% elastic
- Discount will be applied when you check out. Offer not valid for sale-price items ending in $._3 or $._9
- Super warm and comfy
- 2x1 ribbed welt; 1x1 ribbed leg
- PhD Outdoor Light Crew socks have a 8.5 in. height
- No stink socks!
- 7.5” overall height
- Science and SmartWool PhD
The SmartWool PhD Women's Outdoor Ultra Light Micro Socks are part of SmartWool's new 2012 PhD series. SmartWool's new and improved PhD socks feature the 4-Degree Elite Fit System (ankle band, upper instep band, lower instep band, arch band) to make you even more comfortable. SmartWool's new Reliawool Technology is more durable, improves wear and makes a thousand miles underfoot nothing but a thousand miles of fresh air, good memories and great views. The Women's Outdoor Ultra Light Micro is non-cushioned for maximum performance next-to-the-foot perfect for trail running, mountain biking, and even light day hikes.
The Smartwool Women's PhD Outdoor Light Crew Sock Treats your feet to top-notch technology. The PhD Outdoor Light Crew sock has a 4-degree banded fit system providing extra support and comfort with elastic arches and contour flex zones. Like all Smartwool Socks the Liner keeps your feet warm when it's cold and cool when it's warm out.
The light half-cushioned Women's PhD Outdoor Light Crew is Smartwool's most versatile outdoor sock. Specifically designed for a woman's foot. Thanks to WOW Technology in high density impact zones, shock and abrasion are reduced. The 4-Degree Fit System keeps the sock in place.
Rock/Creek Outfitters (closeout)
Smartwool's light half-cushioned PhD Outdoor Light Crew for women is Smartwool's most versatile outdoor sock. Merino wool next to your skin controls moisture, temperature and odor.
New, improved PhD socks are more advanced than ever! SmartWool Outdoor Light Crew socks feature innovative new fabric, a more comfortable fit and smart design details that enhance performance.
Made in USA.
Oregon Mountain Community
Satisfying both fashion and function the SmartWool PhD Outdoor Light Crew Sock is sure to become one of your favorites. Light cushioning keeps you comfortable while you're hiking, biking, or just lounging around town.
With enough textile technology and design for an entire doctoral program, the PhD Outdoor Light Crew sock from SmartWool keeps your feet comfy, ventilated, and odor-free for a long day on the trail. Specially designed for mid- to low-top trail boots, these impact-absorbing socks let your feet breath and move.
Smartwool PHD Outdoor Light Crew Sock - Women's: • 4-Degree Fit System for all day performance fit.
• WOW Technology™ in High Density Impact.
Zones to reduce shock & abrasion.
• SmartWool inside for moisture, temperature and odor control.
• Strategic mesh zones for maximum ventilation.
• 73% Merino wool, 25% Nylon, 2% Elastic
With just the right amount of cushioning in just the right places, the PhD Outdoor Light Crew socks from SmartWool will keep you comfortable during a quick hike on the trail or just lounging around the house.
The SmartWool PhD Outdoor Crew Sock for Women proves you don't need wires and silicone to be hi-tech. You just need smarts, like the new and improved 4 Degree Elite Fit System which makes these socks even more comfortable than before. Patent pending Reliawool technology that is more durable, improves wear and makes a thousand miles underfoot nothing but a thousand miles of fresh air, good memories and great views.
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
New and improved with a 4 degree Elite Fit System and ReliaWool high-density impact zones, SmartWool PhD Outdoor Light Crew Socks deliver more comfort with an improved fit and greater durability.
Fiber Content: 68% merino wool, 29% nylon, 3% elastane.
Country of Origin: Imported
Sierra Trading Post
2nds. SmartWool PhD Outdoor light crew socks are built to handle long days on your feet. Made of itch-free, moisture-wicking merino wool, the 4-Degree fit system prevents bunching for all-day comfort.
Featuring a women`s specific design, this sock stays in place and offers a light cushion for all-day performance. The padded Achilles tab offers additional protection. Reliawool Technology in the heel and toe adds more durability than ever before.
greater stretch and recovery to keep the sock in place.
high impact areas provides the longer lasting protection to keep feet comfortable Flat knit durable toe seam for high burst strength.
• 7.5 in. overall height.
• Crew length.
• Light cushion
Masseys Outfitters Guide to Buying Hiking Socks