SmartWool PhD Outdoor Light Socks -
SmartWool PhD Outdoor Light Crew Socks are the highest performer in the SmartWool ladies socks line, great for trail running, hiking, mountain biking and more.
Crew sock height is the second highest in the SmartWool line, coming up to traditional crew height below the calf, keeping dust and dirt off your skin.
Made of the all-natural, odor free, moisture-controlling Merino wool fibers for which SmartWool socks are famous.
Wool-on-Wool (WOW) technology puts more SmartWool in high-impact and high-wear areas to help reduce shock and abrasion, making these performance socks a lasting pair.
SmartWool's 4-Degree Fit System means special attention to ankle, arch and insteps to keep sock in place - no bunching or slipping with this pair!
Strategically placed mesh zones provide maximum foot ventilation.
100% SmartWool fibers against your skin absorb sweat in its vapor state, which means sweat never condenses and makes your feet wet and clammy, and odor-causing bacteria won't build up.
SmartWool and its New Zealand Merino wool partners have developed Zque, the world's first traceable Merino fiber value chain to ensure environmental, social and economic sustainability, so you can buy SmartWools with a good conscience.
Our favorite SmartWool socks for women, these SmartWool Womens PhD Light Crew Socks are guaranteed to make your feet happy.
- New 4 Degree Elite Fit System uses two elastics for greater stretch and recovery to keep the sock in place
- Ankle bands, upper instep bands, lower instep bands and arch bands connect to the feet for a great fit and feel
- Crew height coverage to fit with a variety of boots
- WOOL on WOOL technology
- Nylon components dry quickly, breathe well, and add extra durability
- Virtually seamless toe construction limits irritation and chafing
- Knit in USA of Imported Yarn: : Pattern - 68% Merino Wool, 30% Nylon, 2% Elastane; Non pattern - 69% Merino Wool, 29% Nylon, 2% Elastane
- Blended composition maximizes the benefits of each separate material while minimizing fabric drawbacks
- ReliaWool is a patent-pending reinforcement construction that puts more wool in high wear/high impact areas to increase durability and comfort
- Soft merino wool regulates temperature to keep feet warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm, manages moisture for breathability, naturally resists odor, and does not shrink or itch
- Merino wool keeps your body dry and inhospitable to bacteria that can cause odor
Support and Cushioning:
- Light half cushion for light impact absorption
Wash and Care:
- SmartWool socks are guaranteed not to itch and can be repeatedly machine washed and dried without shrinking
- Turn inside out to avoid pilling. Machine wash on the gentle cycle with cool or lukewarm water using mild, non-bleach detergent. If you prefer powdered detergent, make sure to dissolve it completely before adding. Machine dry on low or medium heat.
- Mesh ventilation offers increased breathability
- Strategically placed mesh zones provide ventilation for temperature and moisture management
- Mesh Vent Zones use open mesh knitting patterns for maximum ventilation
Weather and Wind:
- Flat-knit durable toe seam for high burst strength
- Patent pending ReliaWool Technology in high impact areas provides the longer lasting protection to keep feet comfortable
- Made in United States of America (yarn imported)
- 100% SmartWool against your skin
- Mesh zones allow heat and moisture to escape quickly to promote faster drying to reduce swamp foot
- PhD Outdoor Light Crew socks have a 8.5 in. height
- 7.5” overall height
- Discount will be applied when you check out. Offer not valid for sale-price items ending in $._3 or $._9
- US shipments only
- Smartwool Inside For Moisture
- 1x1 ribbed leg
- ReliaWool tech on the bottom of the sock combines high-density impact zones along the ball and heel for long-lasting protection
- Wow Technology In High Density Impact Zones To Reduce Shock & Abrasion
The SmartWool PhD Outdoor Light Crew women's sock used SmartWool's proprietary 4 Degree Fit sport support system and a women’s specific design to give you the ultimate in support and a secure, comfortable fit around your foot's heel, arch and instep. The PhD Outdoor Light Crew sock uses ReliaWool Technology in high impact areas, providing longer lasting protection and a more comfortable feel. Mesh ventilation zones allow your feet to breath. The SmartWool sock has a flat knit, durable toe seam for extra strength.
FEATURES of the Smartwool Women's PhD Outdoor Light Crew.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Smartwool Women's PhD Outdoor Light Crew.
Smartwool's light half-cushioned Women's PhD Outdoor Light Crew is their most versatile outdoor sock. Specifically designed for a woman's foot. Thanks to WOW Technology in high density impact zones, shock and abrasion are reduced. The 4-Degree Fit System keeps the sock in place.
You don't need a PhD to figure out what a class act these women's hiking socks from Smartwool® are.
Features a light, half-cushioned outdoor sock ideal for light hiking, trail running and biking.
Ribbed cuff with ankle band for comfort.
Contoured Flex Zone on topside.
Arch band at upper and lower instep for support.
4-Degree Banded Fit System construction for performance fit.
ReliaWool™ Technology in high impact areas provide longer lasting protection to keep feet comfortable.
Strategic Mesh Zones for maximum ventilation.
Machine wash warm inside out, tumble dry low.
Crew Cut length.
Made in the USA.
Smartwool PHD Outdoor Light Crew - Women's: Featuring a women's specific design, this sock stays in place and offers a light cushion for all-day performance. The padded Achilles tab offers additional protection. Reliawool Technology in the heel and toe adds more durability than ever before.
Knit in USA of 70% Merino Wool, 28% Nylon, 2% Elastane.
New 4 Degree Elite Fit System uses two elastics for greater stretch and recovery to keep the sock in place.
Patent pending ReliaWool Technology in high impact areas provides the longer lasting protection to keep feet comfortable Flat knit durable toe seam for high burst strength.
2x1 ribbed welt.
1x1 ribbed leg.
7.5" overall height.
New, improved PhD socks are more advanced than ever! SmartWool Outdoor Light Crew socks feature innovative new fabric, a more comfortable fit and smart design details that enhance performance.
Made in USA.
With designated ventilation zones, just enough stretch to prevent shifting, and nature's premium anti-odor fiber, the SmartWool Women's PhD Outdoor Light Crew Sock is a must-have if you spend as much time outside as you do inside. The crew length works well with mid-height hikers.
With just the right amount of cushioning in just the right places, the PhD Outdoor Light Crew socks from SmartWool will keep you comfortable during a quick hike on the trail or just lounging around the house.
With enough textile technology and design for an entire doctoral program, the PhD Outdoor Light Crew sock from SmartWool keeps your feet comfy, ventilated, and odor-free for a long day on the trail.
The SmartWool PhD Outdoor Crew Sock for Women proves you don't need wires and silicone to be hi-tech. You just need smarts, like the new and improved 4 Degree Elite Fit System which makes these socks even more comfortable than before. Patent pending Reliawool technology that is more durable, improves wear and makes a thousand miles underfoot nothing but a thousand miles of fresh air, good memories and great views.
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
New and improved with a 4 degree Elite Fit System and ReliaWool high-density impact zones, SmartWool PhD Outdoor Light Crew Socks deliver more comfort with an improved fit and greater durability.
Fiber Content: 68% merino wool, 29% nylon, 3% elastane.
Country of Origin: Imported
Sierra Trading Post
2nds. SmartWool PhD Outdoor light crew socks are built to handle long days on your feet. Made of itch-free, moisture-wicking merino wool, the 4-Degree fit system prevents bunching for all-day comfort.
Our PhD Outdoor Light Crew features Reliawool Technology for improved durability in the heel and toe and the 4-Degree Elite Fit System, to keep the sock in place and giving you all-sport versatility.