SmartWool PhD Outdoor Light Crew -
SmartWool PhD Outdoor Light Crew Socks are the highest performer in the mens SmartWool socks line, great for trail running, hiking, mountain biking and more.
Crew sock height is the second highest in the SmartWool line, coming up to traditional crew height below the calf, keeping dust and dirt off your skin.
Made of the all natural, odor free, moisture-controlling Merino wool fibers for which SmartWool socks are famous.
Wool-on-Wool (WOW) technology puts more SmartWool in high-impact and high-wear areas to help reduce shock and abrasion, making these performance socks a lasting pair.
SmartWool's 4-Degree Fit System means special attention to ankle, arch and insteps to keep sock in place - no bunching or slipping with this pair!
Strategically placed mesh zones provide maximum foot ventilation.
100 percent SmartWool fibers against your skin absorb sweat in its vapor state, which means sweat never condenses to make your feet wet and clammy, and odor-causing bacteria won't build up.
Duroyarn reinforcement for added comfort and durability.
High-micron sock fibers are itch free, and won't shrink.
SmartWool and its New Zealand Merino wool partners have developed Zque, the world's first traceable Merino fiber value chain to ensure environmental, social and economic sustainability, so you can buy SmartWools with a good conscience.
Our favorite SmartWool mens socks, these SmartWool PhD Outdoor Light Crew Socks are guaranteed to make your feet happy.
- ReliaWool is a patent-pending reinforcement construction that puts more wool in high wear/high impact areas to increase durability and comfort
- Merino wool keeps your feet dry and inhospitable to bacteria that can cause odor
- 77% Merino Wool, 22% Nylon, 1% Elastic
- 68% Merino Wool, 29% Nylon, 3% Elastane
- Knit in USA of 70% Merino Wool, 28% Nylon, 2% Elastane
- Merino wool provides excellent temperature control and moisture management, so you're warm when it's cold and cool when it's warm
- WOOL on WOOL technology
- Ankle bands, upper instep bands, lower instep bands and arch bands connect to the feet for a great fit and feel
- New 4Degree elite fit system uses two elastics for greater stretch and recovery to keep the sock in place
- The 4 Degree Elite Fit System is a proprietary four-point supportive system that provides an incredibly secure, comfortable fit around the heel, arch and instep.
- Crew height coverage to fit with a variety of boots
Wash and Care:
- SmartWool socks are guaranteed not to itch and can be repeatedly machine washed and dried without shrinking
- Turn inside out to avoid pilling. Machine wash on the gentle cycle with cool or lukewarm water using mild, non-bleach detergent. If you prefer powdered detergent, make sure to dissolve it completely before adding. Machine dry on low or medium heat.
Support and Cushioning:
- Light half-cushioning for comfort and shock absorption
- Mesh ventilation offers increased breathability
- Strategically placed mesh zones provide ventilation for temperature and moisture management
Weather and Wind:
- Flat knit durable toe seam for high burst strength
- Duroyarn reinforcement for added comfort and durability
- Patented ReliaWool Technology in high impact areas provides the longer lasting protection to keep feet comfortable
- Trail tested comfort and mountain tough
- Wow Technology In High Density Impact Zones To Reduce Shock & Abrasion
- 1x1 ribbed legs and 2x1 ribbed welt tops
- 100% SmartWool against your skin
- Discount will be applied when you check out. Offer not valid for sale-price items ending in $._3 or $._9
- PhD Outdoor Light Crew socks rise 8.5 in. height
The SmartWool PhD Outdoor Light Crew men's sock used SmartWool's proprietary 4 Degree Fit sport support system to give you the ultimate in support and a secure, comfortable fit around your foot's heel, arch and instep. The PhD Light crew sock uses ReliaWool Technology in high impact areas, providing longer lasting protection and a more comfortable feel. Mesh ventilation zones allow your feet to breath. The SmartWool sock has a flat knit, durable toe seam for extra strength.
FEATURES of the Smartwool PhD Outdoor Light Crew.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Smartwool PhD Outdoor Light Crew.
The PhD Outdoor Light Crew is SmartWool's most versatile outdoor sock to date. The lightweight, half-cushion sole is highly durable and shock absorbant. Featuring the 4-Degree Fit System and new WOW (Wool on Wool) technology, this sock is perfect for cool light hikes and winter biking and trail running.
Smartwool's light half-cushioned PhD Outdoor Light Crew is their most versatile outdoor sock. Thanks to WOW Technology in high density impact zones, shock and abrasion are reduced. The 4-Degree Fit System keeps the sock in place.
You don't need a PhD to figure out what a class act these men's hiking socks from Smartwool® are.
Features a light, half-cushioned outdoor sock ideal for light hiking, trail running and biking.
Ribbed cuff with ankle band for comfort.
Contoured Flex Zone on topside.
Arch band at upper and lower instep for support.
4-Degree Banded Fit System construction for performance fit.
ReliaWool™ Technology in high impact areas provide longer lasting protection to keep feet comfortable.
Strategic Mesh Zones for maximum ventilation.
Machine wash warm inside out, tumble dry low.
Crew Cut length.
Made in the USA.
Our light half-cushioned PhD Outdoor Light Crew is our most versatile outdoor sock. Merino wool next to your skin controls moisture, temperature and odor.
As one of Smartwool's most versatile outdoor socks the PhD Outdoor Light Crew is perfect for hiking, biking or walking around town.
With enough textile technology and design for an entire doctoral program, the PhD Outdoor Light Crew sock from SmartWool keeps your feet comfy, ventilated, and odor-free for a long day on the trail. Specially designed for mid- to low-top trail boots, these impact-absorbing socks let your feet breath and move.
New, improved PhD socks are more advanced than ever! SmartWool Outdoor Light Crew men's socks feature innovative new fabric, a more comfortable fit and smart design details that enhance performance.
Made in USA.
The Smartwool PhD Outdoor Light Crew Sock for Men features Reliawool Technology for improved durability in the high wear areas and the 4-Degree Elite Fit System, to keep the sock in place and giving you all-sport versatility.
SmartWool's PhD Outdoor Light Crew features Reliawool Technology for improved durability in the heel and toe and the 4-Degree Elite Fit System, to keep the sock in place and giving you all-sport versatility.
River Sports Outfitters
Our medium full-cushioned PhD Outdoor Medium Crew is a perfect sock for cooler hikes. Thanks to WOW™ technology in high density impact zones, shock and abrasion are reduced. The 4-Degree Fit System keeps the sock in place.