Garmin GPSMAP 62stc -
The GPSMAP 62stc handheld navigator features a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass, a barometric altimeter, 5 megapixel autofocus camera with photo navigation, preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K maps and supports custom maps and BirdsEye™ Satellite imagery (subscription required). Rugged and waterproof, GPSMAP 62stc employs a quad helix antenna for unparalleled reception, has a high-speed USB connection, a sleek new design and connects wirelessly to compatible Garmin handhelds.
Support and Cushioning:
- Supports BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagery (subscription required), that lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps
- Supports geocaching GPX files for dowloading geocaches and details plus, it stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints, and descriptions (no more manually entering coordinates and paper print-outs!)
- Built-in 5 megapixel autofocus camera, you'll be able to capture the highlights of your outings. Each photo is automatically geotagged with the location of where it was taken, allowing you – or those you share your photos with – to easily navigate back to that spot in the future
- Built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you’re standing still, without holding it level
- Barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions
- Compatible with Custom Maps which is free software that transforms paper and electroonic maps into downloadable maps for your device
- Preloaded with TOPO 100K, which includes coverage of the full U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, and a worldwide basemap with shaded relief — all the tools for serious climbing or hiking. Map detail includes national, state and local parks and forests, along with terrain contours, elevation information, trails, rivers, lakes and points of interest.
- With its quad helix antenna and high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix® satellite prediction, GPSMAP 62stc locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons
- Connect the GPSMAP 62stc to your computer and log on to Garmin Connect™, a one-stop site that gives you a detailed analysis of your activities, allows you to view them on a map using Google™ Earth, and share routes with others
- Share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin device users
- Adding maps is easy wiht Garmin's wide array of detailed topographic, marine, and road maps with 4.3 GB of onboard memory and a microSD slot
Equipped with a built-in 5-megapixel automatic-focus camera, geotagging capabilities and wireless data transfer, this advanced Garmin unit proves essential for the modern-day explorer. Other elite attributes include a rugged design, excellent satellite reception and extended battery life. The 2.6" highly reflective 65K color display has a 160x240-pixel resolution. Hot-Fix™ GPS support speeds up satellite acquisition. Pre-loaded worldwide basemap supports Topo 24K and BirdsEye™ satellite imagery. Wirelessly share routes, tracks, waypoints, geotagged photos and geocaches between compatible units. Three-axis compass provides accurate heading without being held level. Barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude and monitor weather conditions. Load optional mapping using the micro SD card slot. 3.5GB internal memory. High-speed USB with serial interface for fast data transfers. Compatible with spine-mounted accessories. Rugged overmold antenna boot. Powered by two AA batteries (not included) for up to 15 hours. In addition this model has pre-loaded Topo 100K topographic maps and a 4.3GB internal memory.
Weight: 7-1⁄2 oz.
Dimension: 6.3"H x 2.4"W x 1.4"D.