Garmin eTrex 30 -
The Garmin Etrex 30, based on one of the most popular and reliable handheld trail GPS unit on the market is now even better. This redesigned GPS has a more ergonomic grip, an easier to use interface, paperless geocaching and expanded mapping capabilities. The eTrex 30 also has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you're standing still, without holding it level. Also added is a barometric altimeter which tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you even can use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions. The eTrex 30 is tough and built to last, it can withstand the elements - be it dust, dirt, humidity or water. It has a color sunlight readable display making it easy to use in any environment.
- The new eTrex 30 retains the core functionality, rugged construction, affordability and long battery life of the original eTrex series
Support and Cushioning:
- eTrex 30 supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit
- GLONASS is a system developed by the Russian Federation that will be fully operational in 2012
- Area calculation
- The new eTrex series is the first-ever consumer-grade receivers that can track both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously
- Worldwide basemap
- Tide tables
- eTrex 30 lets you share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS devices
- Geocaching-friendly (paperless)
- Includes eTrex 30 GPS unit, USB cable and manual
- Bigger, brighter color screen
- Also added is a barometric altimeter which tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you even can use it to plot barometric pressure over time
- Using GLONASS satellites allows the eTrex to lock-on up to 20% faster and track up to 24 more satellites than when using GPS alone
- Expandable memory with a microSD card slot
- Sun and moon information
- eTrex 30 has an enhanced 2.2 inch 65K color, sunlight readable display
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads) (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- eTrex 30 stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs
- Hunt/fish calendar
- Compatible with TOPO 24K, BirdsEye Satellite imagery and even City Navigator NT maps which allows turn-by-turn directions
- A built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you’re standing still, without holding it level
- Battery life up tp 25 hours
- Wireless sharing makes getting and passing geocache and other information easy
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos)
- Ability to add maps
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
Small in size, but big in utility, eTrex handhelds are the perfect companions for all of your outdoor adventures. the eTrex 30 has a 65,000-color sunlight readable display, a shaded relief worldwide basemap, and internal memory plus a microSD™ card slot. It also has a 3-axis electronic compass that shows your heading even when the device is not held flat, as well as a barometric altimeter that provides precise elevation readings, and wireless unit-to-unit connectivity for sharing waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches. Use the eTrex 30’s internal memory and microSD data slot to add TOPO, road and marine mapping options.
The eTrex 30 takes one of the most popular and reliable GPS handhelds and makes it better. Enhanced ergonomics, an improved interface, paperless geocaching and expanded mapping capabilities makes eTrex more versatile and user-friendly, while maintaining its toughness and durability.
Garmin takes one of its most reliable and popular handheld GPS devices to a new level with the eTrex 30 GPS.
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
Memory, mapping, a color screen and new internals, the Garmin eTrex may have a familiar name, but it's a totally new GPS for your adventures.