Marmot Aura 2P -
The Marmot Aura 2 is a very lightweight 2 door, 2 vestibule, 2 person tent. It has a hubbed 1 piece aluminum DAC frame that sets up in minutes and is strong and stable. The unique pole configuration saves weight and creates a 'Drip FREE Zone' in front of each door so the tent won't get wet as you enter or exit in the rain. The ultralight SilNylon fly gives full coverage and provides a generous vestibule off each door for gear storage. Inside the tent, the nearly vertical no-see-um mesh sidewalls provide ample space for happy tent life. The all mesh sides also provide great ventilation and are great for viewing the wonders of the night sky. All these great features for under 5 lbs.
Lining and Layers:
- DAC NSL Dual Diameter shockcorded aluminum poles with ECO friendly anodizing are top of the line - save weight add more livable space
- Tough, waterproof breathable 40D nylon ripstop fly with 1800mm polyurethane coating
- Stuff sacks, stakes, repair fabric, pole repair sleeve, guy cord with sliders and buckle included
- Ultra-durable 40D nylon floor with 3000mm waterproof coating
- Lightweight, durable ripstop nylon rainfly has silicone and polyurethane coatings for waterproof protection and UV resistance
- Maximum weight is 4 pounds 12 ounces, so it won't weigh you down, especially if you split it up
- 20D No-See-Um mesh canopy for cooling ventilation and bug protection
- Lots of mesh for ventilation and stargazing
Weather and Wind:
- Reflective guyout points - reflect light like a laser for easy night or low light visibility - guy your tent for high winds
- Catenary Cut Floor - Fully Waterproof Floor with Taped Seams Lifted Off the Ground
- Main fly and floor seams are factory sealed
- Catenary cut floor provides a tight pitch with reduced weight; seam-taped bathtub floor maintains waterproofness
- Inside pockets store and organize your equipment
- Mesh interior pockets for organization and gear storage
- Marmot knee pole system make walls steeper
- Catenary Cut floor is taut and worry free
- Optional Footprint - Extra Protection Under Your Tent or for Bare Bones Setup
- DAC Featherlite® NSL poles are super lightweight yet strong and use an eco-friendly anodizing process
- Fire retardant
- Plenty of room for 2 sleepers and vestibules for wet, stinky gear
- Mesh canopy walls circulate air and offer exceptional views during warm, clear nights
- Sleeps 2
- Bare Bones Set Up - 3 lbs. 3 oz. - set up with optional footprint, poles and fly only - leave the body at home - save weight
- Freestanding design is easy to set up
- Color Coded "Easy Pitch" Clips and Poles - Confusion-free set up
- Vertical wall design prevents water from dripping into the tent when the rainfly is open
- Knee-pole design creates steep sidewalls to increase spaciousness; Aura offers incredible spaciousness up high
- 2 doors allow easy access without disturbing your tentmate; 1 roomy vestibule and a smaller vestibule provide versatility in access and gear storage
- Dual doors and vestibules for easy access and palatial space
- Bare bones setup is just fly, footprint, and poles for light weight
- Full coverage SilNylon RipStop fly completely protects the tent from the weather
- Welded rip-and-stick attachments securely fasten rainfly to canopy
- Stake Tape™ shaves weight by eliminating grommets yet is strong and allows versatile setup
- Free-standing design - increase habitability allowing a person to sit-up
- Bare Bones Setup - Allows the Fly to be Used by Itself with Footprint to Make a Lightweight, Sturdy Shelter
- Color Coded Easy Pitch ALL Clip System is fast and simple
- As a convenient option, poles and rainfly can be set up with the footprint (sold separately) to create a lightweight shelter
- Super light SilNylon fly is silicone impregnated and PU coated for top performance
DECENT FEATURES of the Marmot Aura 2 Person Tent.
The SPECS of the Marmot Aura 2 Person Tent.
Marmot designed the Aura 2-Person to milk every bit of versatility from its area so you get maximum versatility from minimum weight. The near-vertical walls make use of every inch of area and the innovative three-pole design spreads the roof for more headroom. Nobody likes being stuck in a tent during a storm, but if you have to, get yourself stuck in a Marmot Aura Tent.
The creative utilization of poles in the two-person Aura helps create an extremely functional and versatile lightweight backpacking tent with a roomy vestibule for wet weather living.
Bare bones setup allows the fly to be used by itself with a footprint to make a lightweight, sturdy shelter.
Catenary cut floor is fully waterproof with taped seams lifted off the ground.
DAC NSL poles re up to 15% lighter than traditional aluminum poles, yet comparable in strength.
Knees pole system offers the ability to increase internal space without adding weight.
"No Drip" vertical walls.
Stake Tape™ included.
Lightweight and well-ventilated, the Marmot Aura 2P tent offers 2 backpackers a tough yet livable space in a small package.
Oregon Mountain Community
Two people, two doors, two vestibules, and too many stars at night! The Marmot Aura 2P tent is too cool. The color-coded poles make setup not too complicated, either.
Now lighter weight with larger vestibule area, the creative utilization of poles in the two-person Aura helps create an extremely functional and versatile lightweight backpacking tent with a roomy vestibule for wet weather living. Color-coded poles aid in simple setup.